I am saving over $100 a month!

Options
I have just calculated that by not buying coke, chocolate and junk food I have been saving over $100 a month! Gonna keep that money for our holiday to South Africa in September and buy a heap of new smaller clothes

Replies

• XxSarahKatexX
    XxSarahKatexX Posts: 120
    Options
    Awesome! :) I often wish my mom would put the money she uses towards junk food and stuff towards fruit or something.. but shes a couponer and she spazzes over how cheap she can get them. Why we must have "buy 2 get 3 free" bags or doritos i will never know. haha
  • kmuree
    kmuree Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    You go girl!

I should try doing the same with all of my usual junk buys! :bigsmile: I bet I'd save a lot!
  • puppycloud
    puppycloud Posts: 42
    Options
    Wow! What a great motivation for eating healthy :D And South Africa sounds like a great place to go on holiday.

I doubt I save anything by buying food thats good for me, as these kinds of food are usually more expensive than the fries and cookies. It's still worth it though!
  • Malaika946
    Malaika946 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Good on you for saving!!! Although I have to agree with the above poster I actually do pay more for health foods especially organic and free range food so my monthly shop has actually gone up.
  • earndien
    earndien Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    well done... a $100 dollars is almost R1000.00 and what u can do with that money is sa is alot...... i can be your
    personal guide.... born and bread in sa hahah
  • wongleweed
    wongleweed Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Seeing as there are no health food shops in Zimbabwe and I grow my own salad veg, the healthy eating isn't costing me more- lucky me!
  • karen91967
    karen91967 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!!!