Struggling to lose baby weight

Options
I had a beautiful baby girl 10months ago :-) i ate every day like i was at a all you can eat buffet and now i'm paying the price. I gained 5 stone while pregnant and have 1.5 still to lose to get back to my pre-baby weight. I dont normally write on these kind of things, but im desperate for help/support. I love keeping fit and i don't think i'm eating anymore than i did before baby.

Replies

• momtokgo
    momtokgo Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm also trying to lose baby weight, but my baby is 2.5 years old lol. I didn't think I was eating that much either, until I started logging everyday. But I find for me personally what I am eating is important as how much I'm eating.

Feel free to add me for some added support!
  • kirstyauld
    kirstyauld Posts: 5
    Options
    hello, thank you for replying. i'm going to start logging again today and try and keep it up. start back at work on monday and i can already hear my co-workers saying "she didn't lose the baby bulge". most of the mums i mix with are all back to pre-pregnancy weight - great! what do u find helps?0
  • CeeRawr89
    CeeRawr89 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    How much is 5 stone???

I'm still struggling to lose the last 28 pounds. I have 14 to get to pre-baby weight, and 28 to get to pre-pre baby weight. (Gained 14 lbs of stress before I found out I was pregnant)
    My baby is 27 months old.

Feel free to add me if you like. My baby weight started at 189? And it's been a long hard journey!
  • CeeRawr89
    Options
    hello, thank you for replying. i'm going to start logging again today and try and keep it up. start back at work on monday and i can already hear my co-workers saying "she didn't lose the baby bulge". most of the mums i mix with are all back to pre-pregnancy weight - great! what do u find helps?0

Water! Green tea!
    Small portion sizes!
  • kirstyauld
    Options
    i gained 70lbs. and i wasn't slim to start with eck!
  • CeeRawr89
    Options
    i gained 70lbs. and i wasn't slim to start with eck!
    I gained 50, and if you add the extra gain before, that's a total of 64 pounds gained... You can do it!
  • JellybeanIcecream
    Options
    I can so relate. I had a high risk, complicated pregnancy with my 2 year old son, and I am still struggling to get to a weight I can be happy about. Having trouble breaking through a 70 kg barrier to where I want to be (low to mid 60s). It seems harder to lose than it was a few years ago...maybe as I get older I have to work harder for results. Anyway, I'm not giving up...life is too short to not be happy in your skin and I want to live a long life to be here for my little man. I wish you all well!
  • momtokgo
    momtokgo Posts: 446 Member
    Options

Water, and cutting out all junk foods. I can't eat a chocolate bar with in my calories and still lose weight, it just doesn't work for me.
  • kirstyauld
    Options
    i totally agree, life is too short to be unhappy in your skin.