observations at the buffet

Options
After a year of using Fitness Pal to lose over 60 lbs. I have gained certian insight and observations of healthy lifestyle and weightloss. Remembering that I once was overweight I now see the over weight people differently, not judging them and knowing that they can be so much healthier with a little will power and self respect. It just floors me when I go to a buffet and see all the overweight and obese people not just over eating massive amounts but over eating all food that is the worst possible choice that is at the buffet when there are many healthy choices to indulge in. The saddest part is the obese parents teaching the kids how to make the same bad choices. I tend to over do it at a buffet too, I just eat extra fruit, veggies and grilled fish.
Fitness Pal is a great app. and I hate seeing people under estimating what they eat and over estimating their exersize calorie burn. They are only cheating their selfs in the reality of the long run. But I admit I am guilty of trying to over exersize so I can eat a little more of a nutricianal meal or snack later. I my mind it is the lesser of the two evils. Ok just had to get that out to someone that can relate. Thanks

Replies

• BlowYourMind
    BlowYourMind Posts: 162
    Options
    After a year of using Fitness Pal to lose over 60 lbs. I have gained certian insight and observations of healthy lifestyle and weightloss. Remembering that I once was overweight I now see the over weight people differently, not judging them and knowing that they can be so much healthier with a little will power and self respect. It just floors me when I go to a buffet and see all the overweight and obese people not just over eating massive amounts but over eating all food that is the worst possible choice that is at the buffet when there are many healthy choices to indulge in. The saddest part is the obese parents teaching the kids how to make the same bad choices. I tend to over do it at a buffet too, I just eat extra fruit, veggies and grilled fish.
    Fitness Pal is a great app. and I hate seeing people under estimating what they eat and over estimating their exersize calorie burn. They are only cheating their selfs in the reality of the long run. But I admit I am guilty of trying to over exersize so I can eat a little more of a nutricianal meal or snack later. I my mind it is the lesser of the two evils. Ok just had to get that out to someone that can relate. Thanks

So true! When I recalled how at one attempt to lose weight I would exercise everyday but I also ate BAGS of pretzels, I didn't count calories or anything, and the other attempt to lose weight by starving, I eventually earned myself an ED, and I DID lose weight, not enough to look emaciated but 15 pounds in one month. I maintained the weight loss, but I've gained so much knowledge about food since that time and since being on this website it's been so much easier to see the science behind food and how wonderfully useful it is for your system's health. I love learning new things about food and it's primary functions. Ever watch Good Eats on Food Network? It has really good information on the scientific background and functions of food!
  • dubster
    dubster Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Every time I watch the food network and the food looks so good, my subconcous starts tauting me to eat bad things.. But you are right alot of good info. on food.

Thanks