So Fustrated!!!

Options
adreal
adreal Posts: 229 Member
I dont get what I am doing wrong. I gained 1.2 pounds this weekend and one night burned off 1000 calories and then 500 calories the next day!! I dont get it!!! Man this is frustrating!!

Sorry had to vent!

Andrea

Replies

• blueoreoz
    blueoreoz Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Remember muscle is heavier than fat. It doesn't mean you are doing anything wrong. Just keep at it!
  • travellernikki
    travellernikki Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Open up your food diary. Maybe it's something you're eating.
  • UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Are you eating enough? You might exercising too much and eating too low. I know it sounds crazy but it can have the opposite effect on your body. And sorry you can't gain muscle that fast re: of previous poster.
  • adreal
    Options
    I will open my diary up. I am also afraid to eat back the calories burned. Most of the time when I have burned everything it is late in the evening and i hate to almost eat another meal that late. Plus I have a hard time figuring out what to eat. I do try to stick to a lot of protein. And I am having some troubles with my Thyroid but this is just frustrating!
  • wingednotes
    wingednotes Posts: 279
    Options
    The results cannot be seen immediately all of the time. Have faith that you are doing everything right and give your body the time it needs to burn the fat away.
    Also, make sure you are drinking like a camel.
  • Warley_x
    Warley_x Posts: 62
    Options
    Ditto! I burned off 1319 calories last week and put on 0.6lbs, the week before I did barely any exercise and lost 2lbs. Really don't understand!
  • adreal
    Options
    I am not sure there is a hard fast rule to eating and losing weight. if there is I havent found it. I am working so hard and I want to see numbers going down, not up! I also know it takes time. But I Want It Now :)
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    patience! It is frustrating, but if you are drinking alcohol or eating foods with lots of sodium or even do a really heavy workout the day before, you probably are retaining some water.

Drink water.. lots of it to flush out your system.

Eat cucumber for your snacks with an apple or peanut butter with celery. The cucumber helps flush the liver after you have been drinking. It is also a good easy snack.

Good luck, you'll do fine. :)
  • AngelaP2012
    Options
    You burned alot of calories. Pay attention to how your clothes fit. A pound of muscle is leaner than a pound of fat.
    56208 Posts: 11
    Options
    Not enough food. You have to eat the minimum of 1200 or your body will hang on to your fat and burn your muscle. You don't want that.
  • spaingirl2011
    spaingirl2011 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    If you're exercising more than usual, it could be water retention. Keep exercising, watching portions and eating well (as well as drinking lots of water!) and it should come off.

Hang in there!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,105 Member
    Options
    I have found on days that I have long runs, I tend to be about .5 pounds heavier the next day, even though I don't eat back all of the exercise calories. But then, after my rest day, that weight plus has disappeared. I attribute it to water weight that the muscles retain to help repair themselves. So, I now look at that gain and say, "Oh, that's not too bad." knowing it will be gone soon. Just keep exercising, but be sure to give your body a rest day to recover. At least, that is what has worked for me. Good luck. :flowerforyou:
  • adreal
    Options
    Thanks guys! I have ha a good cry :) and a good breakfast. I hope the pity party is over :) I will try to et more. I just get to a point where I don't know what to eat and am afraid I will eat nothing but junk. So I will have to keep in mind peanut butter. I forget about that.
  • thrld
    thrld Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Tape measure is your best system for monitoring loss.

Don't weight yourself more than once a week.