Heavy lifting for belly/c-section overhang?

Options
I realize it will not completely go away BUT does anyone have any personal experience with their belly changing some from heavy lifting--or any other program? I started stronglifts 5x5 program and I would be happy with even a small improvement in my tummy area.

Feel free to post before/afters!

Replies

• poodlepaws
    poodlepaws Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I'm interested as well..... I have both :/
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    I haven't ever been pregnant, but I have lost around 80 pounds and was rather apple-shaped. Heavy lifting is definitely improving the appearance of my belly. I haven't lost inches yet, but I have seen improvements in shape and tone. Things are definitely starting to firm up and be less saggy and squishy. I've been doing NROL4W for almost 3 months now. I'm excited to see how much improvement I'll have by the time I've been doing it for 6 months. And I'll definitely say that lifting heavy has helped more than anything else I've tried so far.

Wishing you much success with your lifting program!
  • Summer5555
    Summer5555 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I had 3 c-sections, have noticed that the overhang is starting to get a little smaller. I do weights and cardio, each 3 times a week . I think all of it has been helping but I've noticed a bigger change since I started doing planks, religiously!
  • Givemewings
    Givemewings Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I don't know about weights eithar so it would be interesting to hear what people think works. I do run and this really seems to be pulling my tummy in.
  • virjenmarie
    virjenmarie Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    BUMP! FOR LATER.
  • DixiedoesMFP
    DixiedoesMFP Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    February 2012 IMG_0195.jpg

Beginning of May 2012 photo.jpg

I had a C-section October 2007 and gained about 55 lbs while pregnant.
    Heavy lifiting 3 X/ week, intense cardio 2 X/week - no actual "ab" work!

Looks even better now, but I don't have a picture.
  • DeanneLea
    DeanneLea Posts: 261
    Options
    Thank you all!! That after picture is amazing!

I am doing heavy lifting on Mon, Wed, Fri and cardio(running) on Tuesdays, Thursdays and some Sundays. I started walking/running back in April and have noticed a difference. I don't want to be soft though...which is the reason I decided on the heavy weight lifting. I took my "before" pictures last night and then made the mistake of actually looking at them lol. I kind of felt like I had progressed more than I actually had so it was hard to see.