How much prouce?

Options
NGMama
NGMama Posts: 384 Member
I got thinking this morning about the amount of fruit and veg my family of four consumes in a week. Between our two small children, my husband and me, we have consumed 4 bananas, 3 apples, a pint of raspberries and one of blackberries this morning. Aside from some almond milk or coconut yogurt, that was our breakfast.

What's it like at your house?

Replies

• flausa
    flausa Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    For myself, my hubby, our 6-year-old boy, and our 3-year old daughter I'm at the shops at least 3 times a week to restock our fresh fruit and veg. We usually get through 2 bags of apples, 3 large bunches of bananas, a pineapple, a coconut, a pack of pears/plums/peaches/kiwi (whichever is in season), a bag of grapes, 2 cucumbers, 1-2 packs of sugarsnap peas, 1 pack of beans, 2-3 packs of tomatoes, 1-2 heads of brocolli/cauliflower, a head of cabbage, 1-2 kilos of carrots, 2 bunches of celery, 4-5 peppers, 3-4 courgettes, 4 large onions, and a bag of potatoes. If there's anything else that looks lovely and fresh, it comes home and gets eaten as well. Additionally, I buy frozen peas, corn, and mixed veg and canned fruit and tomatoes. During the autumn and winter we'll also have parsnips, swede, leeks, and pumkin/squash tossed into the mix. I'm really, really hoping to get some produce from our own garden this year!