honey mustard ?

Options
mybbyajmc
mybbyajmc Posts: 14
I am a mayo freak! I was the girl to order heavy mayo and when I got home put even more mayo because it ws never enough! Now I hvent hd regulr mayo in a few weeks now and have been doing horserdish sauce and sometimes low fat mayo when I hve. Sndwich. Id like to get a honey mustard dressing I caan use with no fat or little fat and little calories. Can anyone reccomend one for me? Or maybe another sandwich condiment other then regular mustard, not a mustrd girl. Thanks!

Replies

• EndlessSacrifice
    Options
    You could use avocado in place of mayo. It's really creamy, and it's healthy fat. Hummus is also a good choice. Both of these will add a lot of flavor to your sandwich with little to no saturated fat, and not nearly as many calories.
  • mybbyajmc
    Options
    Thnks for the suggestion. Avcado is great but coming from someone who would do extra mayo its still too dry for me. And not. Fan of hummus :( thanks so much I will try avacodo though
  • mybbyajmc
    Options
    For me its not really about an added flavor to a sandwich its about the wetness nd creaminess I just can't do dry sandwiches!
  • SlenderSuze
    SlenderSuze Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Hellmans' Dijonaisse? More mayo taste than mustard and very low cal.
  • Merrychrissmith
    Merrychrissmith Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Go online, or better yet make it a vacation destination, to the mustardmuseum.com. Thousands of mustards from all over the world.
    The run the Mustard University....aptly named....(wait for it).....Poupon U!
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    try nothing.
    Then mustard will be a special treat.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Thnks for the suggestion. Avcado is great but coming from someone who would do extra mayo its still too dry for me. And not. Fan of hummus :( thanks so much I will try avacodo though

Avocado is not dry. Just make sure it's ripe. 1/4 of a small avocado is more than enough for one sandwich.
  • khall83
    khall83 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    have you tried different kinds of mustard? I just tried this stone ground mustard and its awesome! It has a very unique taste - and its not dry..Its only 5 calories per tsp - i am not sure the brand though..but i love the dijon/horseradish mustard lol..huge mustard fan! If you must have mayonnaise - try miracle whip light maybe?
  • ThorneDust
    ThorneDust Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I've always been a Duke's mayo kinda gal. I've cut it wayyy back and am using the lite stuff now. However, if that's not an option, I've heard of a company that make a zero calorie mayo, even flavored zero calorie mayos. I have no idea how they taste though. It's walden farms. I sent them a suggestion on their suggestion page to maybe put together a sampler pack so someone who is new to their brand can try a few things and they sent me a whole bunch of 1.00 off coupons so I'm off to buy some of them soon to try and will report back. :)
  • thrld
    thrld Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Newman's Own Light Honey Mustard
    Per serving (2 tablespoons): 70 calories, 4 g fat, .5 g saturated fat, 290 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate.

It's a salad dressing -- but that just means you'll use less! If you have a small oil sprayer, fill it up and spritz your sandwiches!
  • georgia_ann40
    georgia_ann40 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    You may also try adding Greek Yogurt to the Avocado which will make it more "mayo" creamy :)
  • mybbyajmc
    Options
    Thanks so much for all ur suggestions! I will try them all! I would love to visit the mustrd musuem! Lol I will def hve to look for tht 0 cal mayo I know that brand hs a 0 cal honey mustard dressing that is good too. Thanks everyone!!!
  • dustbunnygirl
    dustbunnygirl Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Here is a recipe for a honey mustard recipe you can make at home. It's more the consistency of dressing than mustard (but you could tweak that by upping the mustard content or greek yogurt, I think, if you prefer). Two tablespoons is 74 calories, no fat, no cholesterol. It does have 18 carbs and 17 sugars, but that's what honey will do. And I rarely need the whole two tablespoons anyway. I can usually get by with half that for a salad or sandwich. But I'm not a "drown your veggies to mask their flavor" kind of girl.

When I make it, I use Apple Cider vinegar versus Rice and really prefer to use a locally produced lavender honey because it gives a fantastic zing to the flavor. But that's me.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/honey-mustard-dressing-recipe/index.html
  • mybbyajmc
    Options
    Great recipe! Ty!
  • CurveAppeal86
    CurveAppeal86 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Why don't you try Hellmans light mayonaise made with olive oil?
    This is the nutritional information:

Serving Size 1 tbsp (15ml)
    Amount Per Serving

Calories 50
    Total Fat 5g
    Saturated Fat 0.4g
    Trans Fat 0g
    Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
    Monounsaturated Fat 2.5g
    Cholestrol 5mg
    Sodium 115mg
    Total Carbohydrate 1g
    Dietary Fiber 0g
    Sugars 0g
    Protein 0.1g

Vitamin A
    0%

Vitamin C
    0%

Calcium
    0%

Iron
    0%
    *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet

WATER, CANOLA & EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL, LIQUID WHOLE EGG, MODIFIED CORN STARCH, SUGAR, VINEGAR, SALT, CONCENTRATED LEMON JUICE, SORBIC ACID, XANTHAN GUM, CITRIC ACID NATURAL FLAVOUR, COLOUR, SPICE & SPICE EXTRACT, CALCIUM DISODIUM EDTA.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I forgot to add that you have to mash up the avocado first and spread it on the sandwich. It's not creamy if it's in slices.
  • EndlessSacrifice
    Options
    You could also try fat-free ranch or olive oil and vinegar.
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I spread a wedge of Laughing Cow Light cheese on my sandwich, for example, the garlic and herb one on a turkey sammy. Yum! And only 35 calories per wedge :-D
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    I use apple cider vinegar with spicy brown mustard.
  • bebreli
    bebreli Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Maple Grove Farms Honey Dijon Dressing.. it is delicious. So are many of their other dressings. No high fructose corn syrup and Gluten Free!

I get this dressing and I LOVE IT on sandwiches.

35 calories for 2 tbsp and NO FAT!!

http://www.maplegrove.com/product_detail.asp?pid=20