Counteracting an unintentional cheat day?

Options
How do we do this? Eat less the next day? or exercise the cals off? Or do you just try to move on and do better?

Replies

• NYAngel1089
    NYAngel1089 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Just move on and do better. There's no use in fretting over a day that already happened. Just pick it up the next day again. You can be perfectly on your diet everyday. I think we'd go insane if we were. I know I would. Just do the best you can, that's all.
  • NYAngel1089
    NYAngel1089 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I meant you CANT be perfectly on your diet everyday
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Just move on and do better. There's no use in fretting over a day that already happened. Just pick it up the next day again. You can be perfectly on your diet everyday. I think we'd go insane if we were. I know I would. Just do the best you can, that's all.

^ Do this. Over-compensating isn't necessarily mentally healthy, IMO.
  • xAdrianax
    xAdrianax Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Just move on and do better the next day
    If we are forever trying to catch up with ourselves or be 'extra good' because of yesterday it can turn into a vicious circle!
    In my experience a weekend of bad eating can be undone with 3/4 days and staying on track....i'd rather do that than play catch up!
  • mirfan25
    mirfan25 Posts: 45
    Options
    I agree with the other posters... just move on... :) one day won't make a difference in the long run!
  • scoobiesaan
    Options
    I agree with the other posters... just move on... :) one day won't make a difference in the long run!

Yep, move on. One day won't hurt you...
  • AlphamaleBAMF
    AlphamaleBAMF Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    How do we do this? Eat less the next day? or exercise the cals off? Or do you just try to move on and do better?

Just move on. It's not like you're in a race or anything If you keep counting your calories and exercising, you will lose weight and if your weight is trending downward it's going to take a lot more than 1 or 2 cheat days here or there to change that.
  • vjrose
    vjrose Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Focus on your 7 day total not one day, takes 3500 calories to lose or gain, just go back to working on your total for the week, lol, all will be well.
  • EmilyDuby
    EmilyDuby Posts: 67
    Options
    My weekends tend to be over on calories because it's not as structured and easy for me as work days. But I just keep doing what I've gotten used to doing, I am really good during the week and it's not that hard most of the time. The weekends I let myself breathe a little more and if there's something REALLY good and special that I don't normally get I'll go ahead and stuff my face. As long as it's not happening all the time it's not going to hurt your diet overall too much. My weight has gone up occasionally but it never stays that way as long as I keep doing well overall.