SIBLINGS!

Options
ash12783
ash12783 Posts: 82 Member
Share a pic of you and your sibling(s). Do you think you look alike? How are you different? Are you older or younger?

2n218qg.jpg

My younger sister, Candi. We both think we look nothing a like but some people claim we do (we think they're coo-coo lol). She is taller, thinner, pretty health conscious, and tends to not care what people think. I love her :) This is us after a long day of photoshoots when I went home to visit last week... of course we had to finish that long day off with some drinks :P

Replies

• juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    I have 3 sisters and a brother. Im adopted though so none of them look like me! Heres me with my brother and his wife. She, on the other hand, looks exactly like our mom. Oh, and Im the only adopted one. All the girls look like my brother with long dark hair.
    285496_10150337787810664_29448_n.jpg
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    11261ya.jpg

I'm on the right, my brother and sister are twins. I look exactly like my maternal grandma (my mom looks lots like her, but has enough of my grandpa in her to make her features much harder than mine). My brother is built like the men on my mom's side, but has my dad's nose. The older he gets, the more he looks like my mom's brother, just with those little details from my dad. My sister looks just like my dad's aunt and acts like her, too. People still used to say her and I looked like the twins. I think we look 'related' but especially in baby pics you can't deny her and Isaac are the twins. My brother and I have my dad's sense of humor, and my sister is very serious. My brother has my mom's sense of adventure, Cait has it too, but I have my dad's OCD and preparedness. My brother has all of dad's mannerisms and I have all of mom's. Cait tries to not be like us and we tease her that she can't escape. My brother is terrible with money, my sister is a tightwad, and I'm the happy medium (mom, Aunt Gladys, dad).

I love genetics and seeing what traits everyone has from what family members. I could do this all day long!

Oh, and I'm 2 years older than the twins.
  • 42kgirl
    42kgirl Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I don't have any pics handy as I am on my daughter's computer. My mom used to call my younger sister and me night and day. I was blonde and blue eyed and she has dark hair and eyes. As I get older, I look more like my mom and I can see more similarities in myself and both sisters. When I was a kid they called me the milkman's child. I was the only blonde haired blue eyed one in three generations. I love this kind of stuff. My daughter looks so much like her paternal grandmother it's difficult to tell them apart in pics of them at the same ages. The hubs looks like his mom's dad. I guess the Italian genes dominate.
  • mommy2AR
    mommy2AR Posts: 2,802 Member
    Options
    100_0777.jpg

My younger sister Christa and I, she is 5 years younger than I am :) Dont mind the pose in the bathroom...this was about 4 years ago before she moved and we were both pretty intoxicated ...lol
  • livinginwoods
    livinginwoods Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    goldjeep220.jpg

My little brothers and I......yes we look related. :ohwell:
  • DieVixen
    DieVixen Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    I dont have any pictures with my brother and sister,but here is one of my dad and brother

26ea-1.jpg

and my sister is on MFP GoldenBast

I dont see a resembalance to any of them
  • ScientistStudy
    ScientistStudy Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    This is my and my identical twin sister when we were little, I'm the fireman.
    PoliceCar.jpg

And this is from about 4 years ago in a museum in London being idiots :)
    London.jpg
    Back when I was slimmer! Look at those pear hips >_<

I hope we look related haha. We look less similar than we did when we were young, I find it difficult myself looking at old photographs telling who is who!

I also have an older brother (6 years older) but we don't look related. We don't really get along so lets not go there haha.
  • lelstar
    lelstar Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I'm the oldest of three - I'll let you decide who does/doesn't look alike

397783_2893299804333_1015436543_3633964_1028007056_n.jpg
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    I'm the oldest among 5 children in a mixed family background. My Dad is Mexican-Spanish descent while Mom is a Filipina. I look very far from any of my siblings & it seems that my mom's genes are way more dominant. My siblings got most from our mom while me from my Dad. Because of that, I always get teased for being an illegitimate child :grumble: :sad:

I don't have a photo of me with my siblings but I only got some photos of them, also I don't have a pic of my youngest brother.. These are all what I have.

my brothers:
    1_729648413m.jpg

my sister (the one in pink striped blouse), totally look different from me. she looks like my mom
    untitled1-1.jpg

and this is me (they say that I resemble my Dad but others say no)
    8336780_5969.jpg
    yo1.jpg
    PA310621.jpg

last two pics taken 3-4 years ago
  • thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I'll post a picture this afternoon when I'm home from work.

My brother is taller, thinner, and looks exactly like my dad. Our eyes are near the same colour, but his hair is darker. I look exactly like my mom. I think you can still tell we're related, though.
  • Striving4Fit_MrsOrtiz
    Striving4Fit_MrsOrtiz Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Both of my sisters are half siblings. One for mom and one for dad. My older sister (dad's side) resembles me a lot. My younger sister (mom's side) resembles her father, but oddly my daughter resembles her so it is tough to say. Anyway, I love them both. But it's rare that I get to see my older sister. She lives in another state. We saw each other briefly a couple of years ago and that was the first time in 16 years. No pics to share. :(
  • clairyfairy247
    clairyfairy247 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    This is me and my younger brother when we were kids!

meandmatt.jpg

This is us about 4 years ago!

meandmatt2.jpg

And this is us last month with my dad :)

memattdad.jpg

Do you think we look similar?
  • mchernyavska
    Options
    We're twins, but not identical. Were very much alike when we were kids, though. This is a (relatively) recent pic:

getImage?photoId=169429791117&photoType=
  • stablesong
    stablesong Posts: 224
    Options
    We're twins, and my dog rules.
    natalieanddawson.png
  • drkuhl2017
    drkuhl2017 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Yes, I'd say my brother and I look alike. :)

Me:
    May920123.jpg

My Brother:
    adam-1.jpg
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    I have no recent pics of us together but this is me and one of my brothers when we were little. We look nothing alike these days.. I see a TINY resemblance back then.

He was always picked on through Junior High/High school and I spent a lot of time defending him (or making my guy friends defend him)..I even got suspended for it. He had a rough life.. love him so much! And miss him as we live on opposite sides of the Country.

meanddarren.jpg?t=1338213374
  • Kori18
    Kori18 Posts: 48
    Options
    Well my pictures didn't show. Guess I gotta edit it.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    From left to right: My younger brother (he's "made" by my mom and step dad [mom's in orange, step dad's in white - the taller guy]), my mom, my older brother (we share the same parents), my step dad, me, and my step brother (step dad and ex wife's.)

NewImage2.jpg
  • soccermoma11
    soccermoma11 Posts: 126
    Options
    I have two sisters 11 years older than me they are identical twins and a spitting image of our mom. I look like my dad which is not their ad so we don't look to similar besides our height. My lil brother is adopted and is a red head needless to say again we look nothing alike. I'm Italian and Dutch and the only one in my immediate family with blonde hair. I don't have a picture of us all. But when I go places with my sisters people just think I'm their friend usually