Just over 2 weeks to be bikini ready

Options
Hello all,

I have been slowly losing weight over the last month or so in preparation for my holiday (14th June) lost about half a stone, eating a moderate diet or mostly hot meals. WIth the summer arriving (just) now im looking to switch to a lighter/healthier diet.

this is the sorta diet i was planning on having along with exercising every other day for a hour or so, and drinking 3 litres of sugar free cordial

Breakfast
Wheatbix, semi skimmed milk and a chopped banana

Lunch
Weight Watchers ready meal (its difficult to prepare much else at work) im limited to microwave and a kettle.

Dinner
Skinless chicken breast (grilled on steamed, not sure whats healthier, please advise)
or
homemade grilled chicken kebabs, with peppers, cherry tomatos and button mushrooms
to have with
then either grilled asparagus
or
salad, comprising of salad leaves, cherry tomato, fresh beetroot, raw red onion, cucumber, fresh peppers no dressing

Is there anything here that i should be avoiding, or should i be adding. is it ok to drink sugar free cordial (as i dont like water) Also realisticly if i stick to this everyday and exercise could i shift a around 5lbs, as i have already been dieting and its slowed right down?

Thank you in advance for any help,

Amy

Replies

• Angiesolomon
    Angiesolomon Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    The weight watchers meal could be full of sodium, best to avoid this in the week before the holiday. Could you take a salad to work with you?

I've been losing weight for holiday too, I leave on Sunday, can't wait!!!
  • amiz87
    amiz87 Posts: 10
    Options
    its really difficult to prepare a salad before i go due to time restraints and have tried doing it the night before and it goes soggy. Shouldnt weightwatchers meals be healthy?

failing that is there anything else that i could take? What about a meal replacement shake?
  • angiechimpanzee
    angiechimpanzee Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    its really difficult to prepare a salad before i go due to time restraints and have tried doing it the night before and it goes soggy. Shouldnt weightwatchers meals be healthy?

failing that is there anything else that i could take? What about a meal replacement shake?
    Honestly I think the weight watchers meal is probably fine. I used to eat them (smart ones? lean cuisines?) and many only have about 600mg which is NOT that much considering that the recommended limit is 2000mg a day and most people far exceed that, not to mention your breakfast and dinner don't seem to have much sodium at all so even with the weight watchers meal you'd probably only be at 1000mg each day which is more than perfect.

I would add snacks in between, easy ones are low fat string cheese, sliced apples, fiber one bars, carrot sticks. I'd also add steamed veggies to your chicken dinner (grilled & steamed chicken are basically the same health-wise, unless you use butter or oils for grilling) so you won't be so hungry. 'Cause your meal plan looks like it could be less than 800 calories, lol. But I definitely understand since you're trying to get bikini ready quickly. I'd skip the shakes and just add two of the snacks I recommended - two of them between meals wouldn't add more than 150 calories and I guarantee the weight loss would still be pretty quick.
  • amiz87
    Options
    Thank you, any ideas on what weight loss i could expect as i was worried i wouldnt be eating enough?

i was thinking about doing a VLCD for a couple weeks, exante to be exact as im likely to get a bigger loss i guess?
  • limbopanto
    limbopanto Posts: 25
    Options
    I guess VLCD stands for very low calorie diet? If so, I wouldn't recommend it. This might be good to read why: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/3047-700-calories-a-day-and-not-losing

You have a pretty good plan there. Stick with it :)
  • amiz87
    Options
    thank you, just reading through the post you linked. Do you think i will be eating too few calories, should i increase them, as i dont want to be stuck in starvation mode?
  • amiz87
    Options
    Do you think this is ok, or should i up my calories?
  • sel254
    sel254 Posts: 273 Member
    Options

I was told by a personal trainer last weekend that weightwatchers are actually not so good. The calories, fat and carbs are supposed to be low but they contain a lot of sodium to make up for the lack of taste. So I would definitely avoid these. They're good for counting calories and losing the actual weight but the sodium could make you look bloated, although you'll be lighter weightwise. If any of that makes sense?