Fabulous Find!

I was dx'd with diabetes two weeks ago after a series of medical assessments as a result of my decision to join a local medical weight loss program. I kinda feel things happen for a reason - I finally made the decision to do something about my weight but found out something more serious along the way.

My doc and the folks at my health institute feel my numbers are reversible, so I am immersed in the goal of becoming more healthy and just plain feeling better.

With just five days under my belt of a "GI type eating program" and adding exercise to my normally fairly sedimentary life, I feel better!

The doc that does the lectures at the health institute (they devise an eating plan geared towards me and require three days of a structured workout at their facility a week) recommended this site, especially for the daily food tracker.

What a find! I've spend since Saturday reading posts, copying down recipes, etc. So glad to find you all!

Replies

• TamraJ206
    TamraJ206 Posts: 1
    I am very new to "my fitness pal". I have gained more weight in the last 3 years since I turned 40 than I would like to admit, but when your clothes are being stretched to their max, something has to be done. And that"s after I have gone up a couple of sizes!
    I refuse to go up another size. The weight depresses me and keeps me from being apart of things. So here I am. Hoping that with others support and encouragement I can do it.
    One thing that I can't seem to find is a recipe area on "my fitness pal". Is there such a thing?
  • marx4
    marx4 Posts: 236 Member
    Go into the "message boards" at the top of the page and click on recipes and you can scan for oodles/all day!!! Have fun and good luck!!
  • Tamara6984
    Tamara6984 Posts: 30
    Good luck on your new journey. This site is like an old friend. When you feel like giving up or have given up, it's always here to support you to get back on track. Don't be offended if you ask a question and people sound abrupt with their answers; they're just trying to help :)
  • clynch1968
    clynch1968 Posts: 45 Member
    I agree what a find! I started logging Mar 27, 2012. I'm always amazed how much information is here. The food database is easy to use & has tons of items. I find it to be a place where I can be totally honest with myself about my eating. Good Luck & Welcome!
    ps. things I have figured out since I started
    NSV = non scale victory
    C25K = couch to 5k
  • MamaWannaRun
    MamaWannaRun Posts: 273 Member
    Wishing you the best of luck here!