pizza

Options
2»

Replies

• ravennyx
    ravennyx Posts: 40
    Options
    I will never give up pizza!
    They may take pictures of our fat butts but they'll never take... our PIZZA!!!!

Did somebody say Pizza!!!!

I love Pizza just lke the next person but it's lke anything else that is processed in Moderation... 2x a month tops for me... I have a bigger weekness in the summer months Ice cream... I'll be running from the small 3cup serving I had at the corner scoop yesterday all week, just hoping it doesn't catch up to me and stick around if you know what I mean ... LOL
  • RipperSB
    RipperSB Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I'm slipping,eating pizza again!I know what I have to do, just need to do it. This sucks!!!Well I'll start again today. Wish me luck

Here's the Deal. I'm eating pizza today. Why, because I know ME, AND I PLANNED for it. I am LIVING a LIFESTYLE Not on a diet. I know that if I do not plan and put in "Treats" I will Cheat and slowly gain weight back. In Living My Life, I know "Holidays, Birthdays...some weekends" are special for Me, so I Plan for them. Yeah, I cringe when I see Pizza Nutritional info, but I SURE am glad I ONLY eat it when I HAVE the calories/sodium...and Planned for it. KEY, Know YOU!

^^^THIS!
  • SweetSammie
    SweetSammie Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    We have a pizza place near here that sells by the slice. That REALLY helps with the self control!
  • Meg177
    Meg177 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Make a healthy pizza. Mashed sweet potato crust with just a bit of feta cheese and whatever veggie toppings you like. I saw turky pepperoni at the store the other day. I don't know how healthy it is, not my thing, but ...
  • TheDudette
    TheDudette Posts: 174
    Options
    I eat pizza... they know my name and order at our place. I just get a GIANT tossed salad with it and load up on that so I don't eat half the pie.
  • stacygayle
    stacygayle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I eat one slice of thin crust/half the cheese pizza. My favorite is Papa Murphy's Thin delite chicken artichoke.....yum!
  • sherry9300
    sherry9300 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Why can't you eat pizza? Denying yourself is what leads to failure in the first place. Just have two or three slices, not the whole pizza....make up for it somewhere else in your day or just call it a weekly cheat. Whatever works for you!
  • sassydebbie67
    Options
    I'm slipping,eating pizza again!I know what I have to do, just need to do it. This sucks!!!Well I'll start again today. Wish me luck

Don't worry i did the same thing last night!! I was so mad at myself for it , but i was so good.. I worked my butt off this moring ..
    I will take me a day or 2 to just work off 5 slices i had....
  • foxbat2828
    foxbat2828 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I make my own "pizza" using Flatouts. I mix in some fat free mozzarella for the "thickness" of the cheese, but use Parmesan for the taste. The Flatouts are like an an ultra thin crust and have only about 90 calories, but about 8-9 grams of fiber. You can get any sauce you like and control for your calories. Top it with veggies or even meats, again you get to control the calories. I've found that just adding a few well placed slices of pepperoni let me enjoy the flavor with minimal calorie impact. Each "pizza" will run you around 270 calories or so ... without meat toppings. Eat a couple of these with a salad and you'll be almost 2/3 of teh way to your fiber requirements. :smile:
  • jennc37
    jennc37 Posts: 81
    Options
    d

further, i've heard of using cauliflower as a crust (though I haven't tried it myself). I'm in the middle of a no-bread experiment right now, so I might try it this week and let you know!)

just search out "cauliflower pizza crust" for the recipe. It's said to be amazing.

It is wonderful!
  • stephm112
    stephm112 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Dont feel bad, make your own? Ok yep it's still super carby but my pizzas have a tiny amount of fat and it does the job!
  • ellaphanty
    ellaphanty Posts: 1
    Options
    I love pizza...especially "Amy's Margarita" pizza from HEB. you can have 1/3 to 1/2 of a pizza and still be good to go. I Also make a killer BBQ chicken pizza at home that is on my list of favorites. Have also discovered chocolate desserts.. which since I am a choc --o--hollic works great for me. Sunday is my chocolate dessert day. I've been trying for 20 years to get my weight off and thanks to MFP and daily walking with "Leslie Sansone tapes in the privacy of my own home" it is finally happening. Just wish I had discovered it sooner. Good luck to all out there trying to lose weight!!!
  • ravennyx
    ravennyx Posts: 40
    Options
    We have a pizza place near here that sells by the slice. That REALLY helps with the self control!

Years ago they didn't do this, so glad many places are serving single slices now.
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    I still eat pizza. I go for a thin crust margherita. I can half a medium pie for just over 500 cals with like 22g protein. Not a bad meal in all.
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    I love pizza...especially "Amy's Margarita" pizza from HEB. you can have 1/3 to 1/2 of a pizza and still be good to go. I Also make a killer BBQ chicken pizza at home that is on my list of favorites. Have also discovered chocolate desserts.. which since I am a choc --o--hollic works great for me. Sunday is my chocolate dessert day. I've been trying for 20 years to get my weight off and thanks to MFP and daily walking with "Leslie Sansone tapes in the privacy of my own home" it is finally happening. Just wish I had discovered it sooner. Good luck to all out there trying to lose weight!!!
    Amy's is indeed awesome. I also buy the store brand (Stop & SHop). I also like the mail-order little ceasar's whole wheat pizza.
  • shellgirl144
    Options
    I make my own pizza crust and put it all together myself. I love it and it's waaaay better for me than ordering it. Each slice is only 250 calories, so I allow myself 2 slices. It could probably be less than that if I put less cheese on it, but I don't want less cheese on it. :wink:
  • longview
    longview Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your support,getting back at it today! I've lost about 40,need to lose 25 more,I'll work it one day at a time! thanks again Guy
  • gatecityradio
    gatecityradio Posts: 401
    Options
    You can eat pizza as long as you don't go over on your calories. It's all about portion size and self control.
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I eat it all the time, weekly :) Just work it into your eating plan :)