Starting again

Options
I've gained and lost weight all my life, you would think that i would have it down to a science well I dont.! I need help and motivation. Anyone like to help a desperate middle aged grandma.

Replies

• barefootmawmaw03
    barefootmawmaw03 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi I`m a mawmaw and I`ll help you if you help me. We both have dained weight and losy but this time I`ve gained alot back. We got to do this for OUR SELFS and for OUR HEALTH. I want to live to see my grandkids grow. So here I am message me. Barefootmawmaw03
  • Fit_Forever25
    Fit_Forever25 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Hi Merowland!!
    Good to see you here.. and trust me you have taken the major step of deciding to lose weight now you can do it..
    just stick to your goals and stay focused..
    We all are here to Support you :-)
    Have a lovely start and add me if you like..
    Always love to motivate people and get inspired and motivated by them :heart:
  • barefootmawmaw03
    barefootmawmaw03 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Sorry about some missed keys. When ya get old ya can`t see good. LOL
  • ksix
    ksix Posts: 7
    Options
    Usually, the hardest part about doing anything is making the first move. And you've already taken that step. You're here! So let's do this together. I've been fooling around here for a while but really only fully active a week and I can already tell things are slowly changing. I convinced myself that a veggy turkey wrap was a better choice than chinese food. Any other time I would have been face deep in take out.
  • JanLeb
    JanLeb Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Hi merowland and welcome.

I have been coming here awhile now, but somehow kept falling of the wagon as they say. I also have battled my weight all my life and know what I need to do to reach my goals, it is actually doing it and keeping motivated to do it. It isn't just about looking good anymore, although that is part of it, it is about my health. I want to be around to watch my grandsons grow up, and be here for my family. And to do that I need to get healthy. I have been told I have high BP and cholestrol as well I have recently found out I have a gluten intolerance and to top it all off the Dr. tells me I am now dealing with menopause...talk about an uphill batttle, but I can do this....and so can you!!!
  • sadt22
    sadt22 Posts: 3
    Options
    I am pretty new to this site too, but an old hand at "trying" to lose weight. It seems I have given everything else a try except actually counting calories - so I'm trying it now. I've lost and gained it back over and over again. This time I am doing it because I don't want to wait until I am so old that I get sick and frail to actually get thin! I would like to be thin AND healthy at the same time! Holiday weekends like this are a real challenge because my impulse is to make so much for the kids and grandkids = and eat it all also - It just doesn't feel right to not do that.