2 weeks need help

Options
I have been on this site for almost 2 weeks now, i lost 8 pounds in the first week i then had my PMS gained all that weight back and it still hasnt shifted its starting to get to me and desperately need advise on how to shift this weight as it doesnt seem to want to go on its own am not happy atm and finding it hard to want to continue

Replies

• bawalker11
    bawalker11 Posts: 78
    Options
    Since you lost all that weight before it is probably still water weight from PMS, I experince the same thing, but oddly I gain it for a week after PMS then it goes back down. I would say drink lots of water this week and stick at it, unless you went off your calories and program massively then it should come back off quickly! Good Luck!
  • Assassins_Angel
    Options
    Thanks i was getting concerned as its been 4 days since my PMS finished i would have thought it would have shifted by now lol guess its not uncommon for it to take a while

Thankyou again xx
  • aleham
    aleham Posts: 44
    Options
    I cannot stress this enough: take measurements as well as reading the scales.

There are all kinds of factors that contribute to how much your body actually weighs - there's more than just fat in there. The numbers on the scales may not change as often as you want but for a more accurate measure of your progress take your measurements because they will change significantly if you're putting the work in. Muscle weighs more than fat does, keep that in mind! :)

Don't be discouraged, get a measuring tape out and start to track your bust, hips and waist. You'll be happy that you did.
  • yaddayaddayadda
    yaddayaddayadda Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Don"t give up! Weight loss/maitenence is not a short term thing. To change your weight/lifestyle takes time. Set your goals and work every day to reach them. In a month, or three months, you will see a big difference. One or two weeks is not enough time to see significant change. You can do it. Feel free to friend me if you need support...:happy:
  • Assassins_Angel
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the awesome advise xx
  • kathrynyoung71
    Options
    stick at it our bodies have a funny sense of humour sometimes!! I have been stuck for a couple of weeks in the past and now I seem to be losing around 3lb every 2 weeks, I think sometiimes the scales take a while to catch up with the effort you are putting in also when I started excersing more the scales stood still despite the fact I was burning more calories but the scales did catch up after a week or so :-)