I can't do this alone!!

Options
Hey! My name is Ashley & this is my eight attempt to lose weight within the past couple years. The most successful I've gotten was down from 255 to 235, but then I stalled and didn't lose weight fast enough. After that, I returned to my old eating habits only even worse. So, here I am at my highest weight ever 257. I took pics & posted them on my profile. I've always been in denial, and seeing those pics shocked me. I struggle most with overeating and not being able to control my impulses to overindulge. Sometimes I'll eat so much food I literally feel sick. It's hard, especially since I struggle with Borderline Personality Disorder where eating too much is actually a symptom of the disorder. I know that if I lost the 20lbs though, I can do it again and lose even more. My first goal is to lose 10% of my body weight & get down to 230. The thing is, the only time I was successful at losing the weight was when I was on MFP & had a support system. I don't get that from home, so I would really like to build up a group of friends on here again. So what do you say...are we in this together?

Replies

• jennmoore3
    jennmoore3 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Hey Ashley! I would love to help you. I am stalled out right now as well. Been stalled for months at maintaining. Feel free to friend me. We can keep each other motivated. I feel you at over eating. I was taught as a kid never to waste food. so I have taken that into adulthood. Always eating what the kids leave on their plates. lol Welcome back. We are going to over come this and get healthy for us!
  • sandown12
    sandown12 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Hi Ashley
    I've been yoyoing for 22 years from 10lbs - 60lb chunks!!
    Your not alone tbh you may need some counselling to help you if you haven't had any?

Here is great make lots of good mfp friends and log in everyday it helps 100%

I lost 57lbs in 2010 regained 42lbs in 2011

This time I'm eating more so feeling better

Add me and I'll support you
    x
  • xqueenbee24x
    xqueenbee24x Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Hi Ashley,
    Feel free to add me too. Like you I have struggled with my weight and it took seeing pictures of myself with friends on facebook to make me realize that I was not happy with the way I looked or felt. At my heaviest I was 225 pounds. I couldn't believe it, but Since January I lost 25 pounds and then shortly after found MFP. I am glad to see your back, and you know from past experience what works for you. I am more than happy to support you in any way.

Take Care & Good Luck!!!
  • dolphin_69
    dolphin_69 Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi Ashley,

Having support on MFP does really make a difference, i've been on for a few weeks now, and initially a few of my friends joined but they have all stopped and i think it encourages you more if you have people commenting and supporting you on your progress.

Add me and i will be happy to give you some friendly but tough talk when you need it!

I'm happy for other people to add me too if they want some more support.

:smile:
  • Janelleroach
    Options
    Hey girls, I'm all for a good support system, too, as I believe it keeps you accountable and keeps you motivated. Please feel free to add me also (all of you!) and let's tackle this monster and live healthy and happy!
    Today is the best day to start...no excuses! :laugh:
  • sofasophie
    sofasophie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Girl, we've all been stalled one time or another. sometimes all it takes is a simple "you're doing awesome! keep it up!" to get you through the day. but don't worry, youve come to the right place. everyone here is battling the same demon so no one is going to judge you, because we are all overweight. ive been back and forth so many times ive lost motivation, but no more.
    on MFP, its a HUGE support group, if you think about it. everyone on here understands the pain and the struggle and the temptation you go through. skinny people wo have never been fat on the other hand, won't ever understand in a billion years. like i said, youve come to the right place.
    i iwsh you the best of luck :)
  • ldg323
    ldg323 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    You are right! You can't do this alone. Feel free to add me and as many as you can! This is a great site.
  • lubby22
    lubby22 Posts: 31
    Options
    Hi! I think most of us feel like we can't do this alone, and we shouldn't have to! We are all in it together :) Feel free to add me. I'm at my highest (aside from pregnancy) at 170. Being only 5 ft 1in. I am 40-50lbs overweight. I too have an issue eating too much. I ALWAYS want to eat. I've put sticky notes in my fridge and cupboards to remind me that I don't need to eat etc. In my dishes cupboard I have one reminding myself to use a smaller plate instead of a dinner plate. In the fridge I have one reminding me to eat veggies. In my cupboard I have one reminding me what too much snacking does. Etc... I did this when I quit smoking - notes everywhere with things like I hate smoking, smoking is bad for you, I am healthier without smoking etc.. So, I figure it might help with over eating. I dont know, maybe Im crazy but whatever it takes right! Aside from my emotional eating issues, my biggest issue is lack of exercise. I hate exercise, but Im really not going to get anywhere without getting active! That's my challenge. Good luck to you - and again please add me so we can work at it together!
  • timmichielsen
    timmichielsen Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey ashly this is a awsome place to do that i am here everyday working on it love to help and motivate
  • I_love_frogs
    I_love_frogs Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I'm new here too... I know you can do this!! Add me, and we can be buddies...I'll motivate you if you help me stay on track too :P
  • MsMeghan10
    MsMeghan10 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey Ashely! I am soooo on the same level as you! I would love to be apart of your support system and we can help encourage each other!!!! =)
  • solaryellowtj
    solaryellowtj Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hey Ashley! You'll find a lot of support here on MFP! A lot of people have struggled here and are working towards their goals just like you. And many have slip ups as we are not perfect but with the support of friends on here and working hard you will get to where you want to be and feel better about yourself and your health! Feel free to add me if you like! Im on here every day :) Remember...you can do this!!!
  • shannashannabobana
    shannashannabobana Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I completely understand! I lost 40 lbs (from 257ish so I get where you're coming from) over 2 years and then stalled out around 220 and now I've been going up a little bit and it freaked me out. I'm trying to get a handle on what I'm eating and get back to working out like I was.

One thing I did when I first started losing weight was cut cokes out completely. I think that accounts for the first 20 pounds or so! And it had the side bonus of not going to pick up fast food just to get a coke. I may not have kept all my habits but that is one that made me feel tons better.

Feel free to add me. I need some friends for support too :)
  • sujastka
    sujastka Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi Ashley, Been there done that too.(lol) You can do this. Im here if you want to talk. I have been weight of all sizes however my heaviest of 312, now down 277. Im doing great blood pressure is normal and so is blood sugar. Once I reached 300 it was either life or death for me and I knew it. I think for me I just decided its time to love me. I was tired of doing everything and living in the way everyone else wanted me to. So I made major life changes, I left my Job and moved to sc and focus now on me... I can truly say that the walking has been the key to it all. I also did a book called FAITH, FITNESS AND FOOD FOR WOMEN... its a 21 day life changing and habit breaking exercise. I have completed the 21 days and have found my cravings for food has completely dissappeared. If you have any questions Please ask. I also dont have many people for support, I usually just pray and talk to God for support, Im not a religous fanatic but I do believe in Christ and his spiritual purpose for all our lives. I hope to hear from you and good luck with each day. Its Taking one day at a time to achieve what we want most.. Take care, Susan
  • 6hourwalks
    6hourwalks Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hey, you don't have to do this alone. Add me for support and encouragement ;)

Cheers,

Paul.
  • valtay15
    valtay15 Posts: 1
    Options
    Good luck Ashley we all seem to gained, lost, gained again and so it goes on. I have lost 98lb put back on about 7lb so still struggling to get to my goal it has been a life time burden. Take a day at a time, find plenty of things to do ie. hobbies, sports when you feel more vunerable to eat. For me one of the things that helped to get my addiction to eating under control was to fill my spare time with enjoyable things so my self esteem and self worth increased so I didnt need to self medicate with eating. Keep counting the calories so you are aware of what you are putting in your mouth each day, it is suprising how many calories we can overeat with realising it.

Lets all support each other good luck