Question about Insanity or P90X

Options
Hi, I'm thinking about starting up either the Insanity or P90X program. There are 2 questions I am a bit unsure of, however . . .

1. I'm not one of those females that fear the "bulking up" idea, but I also really dont want to get too muscular. All I really want to do is to make my arms, abs, inner thighs, all that firm so they dont jiggle. Some definition would be nice, but I really don't want to get all that muscular. It's just not my thing. My question then, is if that will happen with either program? If it does, can I modify to prevent it?

2. I just discovered how both DVD's are on specific schedules. How necessary is it to follow this at all times? I'm starting college soon and I may not be able to stick with the schedule 100% of the time everytime.

I mainly want these as alternative workouts to what I already do because with school I may not be able to do what I normally do. Is it still worth it?

Thank you :)

Replies

• JodaNord
    JodaNord Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I just started insanity last week, and tho it may be in my head, i think i am seeing jiggle disappear! If you don't want to build muscle, but burn fat i think Insanity is where to start, where P90X is building muscles, tho that burns fat too, and sometimes for longer. Its all what you have time and space for. Insanity you just use body weight, and need shoes and a softer surface for certain moves, for P90X you need weights...

I think best results will come from follwoing schedule, but if you can't, just do the best you can!
  • amonkey794
    amonkey794 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Okay, thank you! Good luck with your Insanity workouts, I heard they are beastly! :)
  • hhamada
    hhamada Posts: 27
    Options
    I have done both. You won't get too muscular with either one. P90X will give you more definition. P90X also provides modifications if you are really worried about gaining too much muscle - lean version and using lighter weights with higher reps. I did the classic version and loved the definition I got.

For best results, you should follow the schedule as closely as possible.
  • coachbeav
    coachbeav Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hey, I just wanted to give my input here. I am a Beachbody Coach and have learned a whole lot through my journey. Don' worry about getting too muscular with these programs. As long as you stick to relatively light weights and high reps you won't become huge. P90X is good for building muscle which in the end will help you lose fat. Insanity is hardcore cardio so you will lose a lot of fat with this program as well. I have done both and if I had to get just one, I would probably get P90X because I think it is important to have the lifting. Also, any schedule is possible if you commit to it. I work full time, have a kid on the way, and am very involved with my church so the easiest way for me to get my workouts in, is to get up at 5am and press play. It is tough at first, but I wouldn't have it any other way now. If you need any help or have any questions, add me and I can help you out!
  • tomusiakl
    tomusiakl Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Where is the best place to buy the dvds please? Thank you
  • Glucocorticoid
    Glucocorticoid Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    First thing you need to do is pick a goal. Although you should note that neither one of those programs will be optimal for either goal in the long run.
  • coachbeav
    coachbeav Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Message me and I can get you set up with the programs :)