So why did it take me this long to figure it out.

Options
:explode: Well here it is..........

My story...(*yawn*)

Currently I am 27 years old.....and most of my life up until I was about 20 I could eat whatever I wanted and I never gained a lb. I was pretty active nothing to serious though then I discovered the depo birth control shot. Sure I was told there might be some weight gain so I started concentrating on my drink and food intake. No matter how good I ate I started gaining a few lbs here and there. Well that soon turned into 30. I decided to get off that crap and still couldnt loose weight. I tried the Weight Watchers, Adkins, exercising, fruits & veggies, starving myself you name it I did it. I gave up................and then I thought to myself I'll prob always be this heavy this is what my plan was. So I started gaining even more over the years 5 here 10 there....then I'd loose 10 gain 5.....I felt like a Yo-Yo....it wasnt until last summer when I really started to notice a huge difference in my clothes and the way things started to fit. I couldnt even wear a fitted shirt anymore everything was hanging out everywhere I saw pictures and notice I could barely see my eyes I had the biggest chipmunk checks ever!! So I started wearing bigger clothing to hide it. I was depressed.....I had just gotten out of another failing relationship and realized I had let myself go and that it was time to change. I weighed in at the doctors one morning in Oct 2011 at 218. I said "WHOA" I have never weighed this much in my life........SOO then it really hit me......next day I started eating 4-5 times a day smaller portions and cleaner foods and gave up diet sodas! I figured that was a start.....I went to the gym a few times a week and did spin and occasionally I would throw in a Bikram Yoga class here and there..... I lost 10 lbs over the course of 4 months. I thought to myself....well this is alot slower process than I imagined.

My friend and I were talking one day and she told me about MFP....so I figured "hell why not a app on my phone? should be easy!" I joined MFP in Feb at 208 lbs. MFP gave me a calorie intake of 1360 so I stuck with it. I lost another 10 lbs within the first month weighing in at 198. ( Do you have any idea how great it felt to be under 200 ??!?!?!!?I nearly cried) I started measuring everything and weighing all my meats. I made alot of new friends on MFP who also encouraged me to figure out my TDEE and subtract 15% which gave me 1997 calories a day. This number figures in my exercise calories so I really don't have to worry about it unless I have a huge mega burn. I joined the group Eat more Weigh Less....which I encourage everyone to do. I found a new love for lifting weights which I do 3 times a week and some cardio here and there I have a desire to have some lovely muscles eventually :) Today I currently weigh in at 187.......and have been here for a few weeks and I am ok with it. I upped my calories when I hit a plateau and according to what everyone tells me sometimes it can take 3-6 weeks to break it. I am not going anywhere this is a life long journey. A change for the better.......it took me years to put on the weight....I don't expect it to fall off overnight....

So as of today I am about 31 lbs down....and I have about 20 more to loose.....here's some photos of my journey....

IMG_08231-1.jpg?t=1338224236
I am on the right, this was last summer at a concert.....

IMG_02451.jpg
at a work function

IMG_07981.jpg?t=1338223233
Softball Summer 2011

IMG_07931.jpg
Softball Summer 2012

IMG_06521.jpg?t=1338223289
Not a huge differece but left is Feb 2012 and the right is April 2012 my stomach is a bit smaller

IMG_06531-1.jpg?t=1338224005
Same here left is Feb 2012 and right is April 2012....looks like my butt is a bit smaller and stomach and boobs haha shucks.

IMG_02652.jpg
After my race in March 2012 I was around 194 ish.....

IMG_07481.jpg?t=1338223644
This was just last weekend I am on the left :)

Replies

• rainbowroots
    Options
    you look amazing! keep it going
  • tryinghard71
    tryinghard71 Posts: 593
    Options
    Great job!! You are doing awesome!
  • aprileigh27
    aprileigh27 Posts: 37
    Options
    thank you :)
  • michelle850
    michelle850 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Love it April!!! You are a total inspiration, and an awesome MFP friend!!
  • lindsy721
    lindsy721 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Keep it up girl, slow and steady wins!! You're doing fantastic!!
  • smilingalltheway
    smilingalltheway Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    You made some huge changes and it shows you look beautiful keep going like you said it is for life
  • jamiecarol84
    Options
    Wow you are doing amazing!! I am 27 also and reading your story felt like I was reading about my own life!! Keep up the great work!!
  • CarikeS
    CarikeS Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I can write volumes on weightloss. I'm an expert at dieting because i've tried everything but in the end what i lack is determination and discipline. You have managed to stay on track and the results speak for itself. You deserve your success!
  • MrsRipdizzle
    MrsRipdizzle Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    hahah, I can relate on SO many levels! You are doing freakin' fantastic! You look amazing even in the 180s! WOW!!! Keep doing it the right way girl! Proud to have you on my team! :D
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    You're looking lovely!! Congrats!
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    More witchcraft! Eating more to lose weight!
  • aprileigh27
    Options
    thanks everyone :)
  • aprileigh27
    Options
    Oh and I couldn't have done it without all of you
  • aprileigh27
    Options
    Great to be on your team as well!!! Your very inspirational :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!