Sugar...What are your thoughts and experiences?

Options
Hey all, listen I want to know what you all think about the dreaded enemy so we have been told "SUGAR"! What are your thoughts and experiences with it? Have you been able to incorporate it into your lifestyle and still lose weight as long as you kept it within your calorie and carbohydrate ranges for the day? I am just curious as I have a limit of 1300 calories and 90-100 grams of carbs/day no matter how much exercise I get, which is usually anywhere from 1-2 hrs/day 5-6 days/week. For instance yesterday I burned 1440 calories in exercise and showering alone! I am a ben and jerry's nut and have stocked up on the breyers carb smart ice cream which has 90 calories and 4 grams net* carbs per 1/2 cup serving(which usually curbs my craving). I was wondering if I can limit myself since everything in is "moderation" would it be bad that I had the ben and jerry's as long as I didn't go over my limits of cals and carbs for the day? I have a rough time about 10 days out from my cycle and crave it really bad what are your thoughts and opinions? I am trying to figure out how I can have it without binging on it because the carbsmart is great to keep me away from it most of the time but I would like to break free from "bing eating" on any food and the ben and jerry's has been my weakness and can't help but wonder if I had it in my regular diet maybe once a week if even that often if it wouldn't help keep me off of the two pint in one setting binges I go through once a month! Ekkkkk lol

Replies

• stef_e_b
    stef_e_b Posts: 593
    Options
    I lose as long as I stay within calories, however I find its harder to stay within calories eating sugar because then A) I want more sweets and B) stuff with sugar has a lot of calories.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    As long as you stay within your calorie limit, you will lose weight even if you eat sugary treats. Some of us don't have the self control to limit ourselves to 1/2 cup serving (ME), and that's where sugar becomes our downfall.
  • bettersusan
    bettersusan Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I'm losing and I go over on my sugar intake every single day. I am trying to limit myself so that I don't use up too many of my calories on sweets instead of healthy food.

I have a sweet tooth :love: and have always been more success losing weight if I allow myself some kind of small treat every now and then. That way I don't feel like I'm "holding my breath" doing this. It IS supposed to be a lifestyle change, not just dieting. Just BE CAREFUL to limit it. It CAN throw you off track very easily if you don't.

Happy Shrinking!! :wink:

Susan
  • bettersusan
    bettersusan Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    254666.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Calculator
  • SaritaChiquita
    SaritaChiquita Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I can't lose weight if I eat a lot of sugar. Even if I stay within my calorie/carb range. I try to keep my sugar intake below 26g a day. It was very hard at first, but after awhile, I got used to it.
    I'm the type of person who can't have only one cookie, I have to eat half the package.. The sugar cravings just get worse and worse..... so it really helps my diet by not eating sweet stuff. If I don't get started, then I won't go overboard . This also helps because I don't crave sugar anywhere near as much as I used to. A few months ago, my cravings were unbearable.
    I'll treat myself to something bad once a week (as long as it's whithin my sugar/carb range). Feel free to take a look at my food log.

179108.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Chart