Can't loose any more weight!!!

Options
So far I've lost 16 pound in about 6 months but the past 4 weeks I haven't list anything I've even stopped eating potato and pasta!
My calories for each day is 1200
I exercise 6 days a week spinning twice, bodypump twice, circuit training,and body attack I don't eat extra calories

Replies

• Legals81
    Legals81 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I hate to tell you this but you are probably not eating enough. Im not quite sure of the science behind this but if you search around on the boards you'll find loads of posts on eating more to loose more.

Hope the scales start moving again for you soon.
  • Jenjaz1910
    Jenjaz1910 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I agree, I personally don't think you're eating enough! I eat between 1,600 and 2,000 cals a day and I've lost 6lbs after being stuck for months, on average I lose about half a lb a week but it's easier to keep it off when it's slow and steady. Good luck x
  • Erica002
    Erica002 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Change up your routine, try to eat some more, and just keep on moving, the scale will eventually follow.
  • now_or_never12
    now_or_never12 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I'd think you simply aren't eating enough. 1,200 is not enough for the average person especially if you add in exercise.
  • angelraguel
    angelraguel Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    My scales didnt move for like 5 weeks, then all of a sudden they moved after i changed my diet to foods i wouldn't normally eat. I think my body got used to what I was giving it, try and change ur foods you normally eat for a week and I have to agree with the other posters I dont think 1200 cals is enough for someone who is exercising that vigorously. However you may have lost an inch or 2, cos in the weeks mine didnt move I lost half an inch :D
  • jweatherbee
    Options
    Change things up, do something different in what you eat as well as how you burn it. You sound like your at a plateau right now, all you need is to change things up a little. work on the muscles, they burn more calories :smile: Good Luck!!!!
  • Shayztar
    Shayztar Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    1200 is not enough calories. I suggest searching for the group "Eat more to weigh less" and read the stickies. You probably are plateauing because your body is hungry for more calories to start your metabolism again.
  • FrostyFour
    FrostyFour Posts: 262
    Options
    I found this gem by Jillian Michaels a little while ago... since I was already doing the first part, I went ahead and did the rest and now I'm losing weight again.

(Another site warned me of "calorie creep"... your portions and servings getting more and larger over time.)

Anyway, here's what Jillian says....

1. Eat more: Ninety percent of the time plateaus are caused by your body’s survival mechanism of protecting against famine, which is triggered by calorie reduction. The best way to fix this quickly is to give your body a little more food so it feels secure. Varying your calorie intake is my best advice for keeping your body from plateauing: For the next three days vary your calorie intake between 1,800 and 2,400 calories. I know this may sound crazy, but trust me…I know what I’m doing. Then, after three days, drop back down to the calorie allowance that I have set for you through this program.

2. Reduce your sodium and DRINK LOTS OF WATER: Keep your sodium under 1,500 mg a day at most for as long as you can manage. You can achieve this in part by cutting all processed food out of your diet for two weeks.

I promise you that if you follow these tips to the letter, your plateau will be shattered by the end of week 2!
  • ReneCSCS
    ReneCSCS Posts: 4
    Options
    Hello there!! When scale gets stubborn...
    1) be sure your diet is really clean ie zero processed food. Keep it simple... Fruit, veggies, lean meats & healthy fats (advacado, nuts, olive oil, etc).
    2) A deficit is extrememly hard on the body...looks like you have been in a deficit for a while now. If this is so..follow the other voices on here of increasing your locals however I caution you to make it strategic. 1,700-2,000 calories or so every 4th day or eat 1,200 clean mon-sat and take sunday off. There really I no magic formula to it... I can grow flashy formulas at you if I want to sell u something. Get out of a deficit for a day.. Then back on the horse!! A deficit need to be achieved overall for the week.

Keep your resting heart rate in check!!
    Record your heart rate before getting out of bed.. Record how many beats for 60 seconds. Note it is normal for this # to fluctuate a 2-3 beats per minute BUT if you notice it has increased by 10 or more beats ER minute.. Your body is not recovering! Do the following:
    1) Get out of the caloric deficit for that day. Deficits are hard in immune system.. Your body is requiring nutrients your not going it. Fill your diet with solid nutritious foods... Veggies, citrus fruits, etc to boost your immune system.
    2) cut back on that days workout... It's ok to workout...just take the intensity & volume down a bit. Keep it fairly aerobic as opposed to anaerobic ie brisk walk instead of Jill sprints.
    3) stay hydrated... With WATER!!! This is vital...

Simple hydration test : Urine should remain light yellow to clear!

Realistic weight loss goal: 1-2lbs per week. That's 3,500-7,000 calories!!! Very very impressive!! Keep the focus on conversion of stored energy (fat, glucogen) to expended energy...not water manipulation! :)

Join me at www.HooperHealthOptimization.ning.com for FREE exercise & nutrition videos & articles!
    Rene Hooper,CSCS, BS Nutrition
    Rene.Hooper.H2O@gmail.com
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    I don't eat extra calories

You need to eat at least some of them back. 1200 is too low for most people.
  • charm_quark
    charm_quark Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    bump...
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,672 Member
    Options
    So far I've lost 16 pound in about 6 months but the past 4 weeks I haven't list anything I've even stopped eating potato and pasta!
    My calories for each day is 1200
    I exercise 6 days a week spinning twice, bodypump twice, circuit training,and body attack I don't eat extra calories
    Yeah, you probably need to eat now.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • haeffel2
    haeffel2 Posts: 34
    Options
    I agree that you probably aren't consuming enough calories to fuel healthy weight loss, but if your caloric intake is as low as you say and you're doing that much strength training, you may just be gaining a lot of muscle (which I'm sure you've heard weighs more than fat). I'd say boost up your calorie consumption a little and remember that your stronger and healthier, regardless of what the scale says.