Eeeeek, starting my journey to loose 60 lbs

Options
Hi There,

So here I am starting my journey to lose 60 lbs. I will be starting the 10 minute trainer video tomorrow too. Not sure if I believe that 10 minutes is enough, but I will consider it a start and a way to get used to exercising, then will start the 30 day shred or something :)

So anyone here looking to lose about the same? I need some motivation as I tend to fall off the band wagon to easily.

Hope to meet some great people :)
cheers and good luck to all.

Replies

• Sunpoet
    Sunpoet Posts: 67
    Options
    My goal is a bit more weight than you but we can still help each other out if you like. I know I'll need all the encouragement and support I can get! I tend to be self destructive at times with my willpower. So add me if you like.
  • meanemma86
    meanemma86 Posts: 68
    Options
    my goal is a bit more than yours but feel free to add me, im sure we can help support one another :)
  • smileyface_2510
    Options
    HI I am going to lose 55 lbs..and i am very dedicated..i love MFP it helps me stay on track and push even harder when i catch myself drifting backwards..
  • kamanda85
    kamanda85 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I'm starting my journey today too! I'm looking to lose at least 60 pounds. But I'd prefer to lose around 70. Maybe we can help push each other! Good luck!
  • dolphinmomof3
    Options
    Yes I am trying to lose the same amount of weight. It is a challenge, and has been for a long time but there is no time like the present. I tend to fall off the band wagon as well. But I am really excited to be getting healthy and in shape. So if you would like to add me you are more than welcome. I need the motivation and help just as well.
  • manon3370
    manon3370 Posts: 1
    Options
    i'm re-starting today, i have about 65-70 lbs to lose. I will help you, and ecourage you. But my english is a little bit poor !
  • hikergalrm
    hikergalrm Posts: 20
    Options
    If you have not been working out , I think 10 min. is a great start, you'll soon work your way up, Good luck and feel free to add me!!!!!:smooched:
  • neaneawy
    neaneawy Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    My over all goal is 60 lbs. Just be patient with yourself. I think the hardest part for me is just giving myself time to lose the weight. I like to focus on 10lb increments. It's gets overwhelming when you look at the big number. I still get discouraged. It's like I forget that I've lost over 40 lbs so far. I get too focused that I still have 20 more to go.
  • jowriter
    jowriter Posts: 4
    Options
    You'll be great! I just started mine to lose 40. If I can accomplish that - might go more toward 50 or 60.
  • myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    i have around 60-55 to loose and just started this last week! add me! :)
  • NeverGoinBack2012
    Options
    I have 50 lbs to lose. I have been biking 10 - 12 miles about 3 to 5 times per week and just started MFP on Friday to manage my calorie intake. Add me!
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    I wish you all the best on your journey ,you can do it :drinker: :happy: :happy: :happy:
  • rpphillip
    rpphillip Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    My goal is a bit more weight than you but we can still help each other out if you like. I know I'll need all the encouragement and support I can get! I tend to be self destructive at times with my willpower. So add me if you like.

same as above , I am looking to lose 70 pounds I have lost 8 so far. Add me if you like.
  • SlimBananas
    SlimBananas Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    hello! & welcome! im restarting my journey, i have about 36lbs to lose, so feel free to add me cuz we all could use the motivation and support. good luck on your journey hun!
  • now_or_never12
    now_or_never12 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Good luck!!!

I LOVE the 10 minute trainer videos! You don't just do 10 mins a day though. It's a series of 10 minute videos. You do the amount you can based on their recommendations. When I'm short on time I do one in the morning before work and one in the evening. I try to get all three recommended videos done each day though.
  • hunnybappl3
    Options
    I have about 60 more pounds to lose as well. So far I've lost 20 pounds and 18 inches overall. I'm on day 74 of my first Body By Vi 90 Day Challenge that has really helped me to lose this weight that I've been trying to lose for years.

Weight loss journey begins with a single step. Congratulations on making the decision to start. You can do it!!!

Check out my website www.melissi.myvi.net for more info on the Body By Vi Challenge :)
  • 70by50
    70by50 Posts: 3
    Options
    Count me in - 72 pounds to lose. I just signed up today and I'm ready to do this once and for all!
  • michelechavez
    Options
    I'll help in whatever way I can. Starting about 40+ days ago, I have lost 13 lbs so far. My original goal was to lose about 51 lbs, from 161 to 110. Along the way, I had a body composition analysis and was advised that with 95.5 lbs lean body mass, I really don't need to go that low, and could aim for somewhere around 122-123 lbs instead. Years ago, I felt good at 118, so I am going to do what my husband says and "play it by ear."

I guess my point is that the important thing is to get started, not worry about the end goal, which may change as you continue on your journey. The journey itself is what matters.
  • sassysummer
    sassysummer Posts: 10
    Options
    I am brand new on mfp and have a whole lot more than 60 lbs to lose, but I believe that all the support you can get is the only way to be successful in this journey. My reasoning is for a better life and so that I can be around for my husband and son. I have MANY health issues and disabling injuries that make is extremely hard and painful to do ANY exercise. However, I won't lose if I don't and I am tired of my quality of life!!:bigsmile:
  • sassysummer
    sassysummer Posts: 10
    Options
    also, can someone help me figure out how to add friends??