Indoor bike

Options
All4You
All4You Posts: 26 Member
I am looking for an indoor bike

due to my joint condition I can only really cycle, hoping in a few weeks I can do body weight exercises

so there doesn't seem much point going to the gym when what I will pay for there could pay for an indoor bike.

I want one that I can to gentle exercise and also put some power through dependent on the day/session type (i rather not end up with massive muscely legs)

Im thinking of going for the sort of bike they use in spinning classes rather than the gym as they are less bulky

Which would people go for the gym bike or the spin type bike

Replies

• wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    I do better work on a spin type bike rather than the other type stationary bike. Better yet, if you already have a bike, I get great workouts hooking my bike up to an indoor trainer.
  • cohophysh
    cohophysh Posts: 288
    Options
    I am looking for an indoor bike

due to my joint condition I can only really cycle, hoping in a few weeks I can do body weight exercises

so there doesn't seem much point going to the gym when what I will pay for there could pay for an indoor bike.

I want one that I can to gentle exercise and also put some power through dependent on the day/session type (i rather not end up with massive muscely legs)

Im thinking of going for the sort of bike they use in spinning classes rather than the gym as they are less bulky

Which would people go for the gym bike or the spin type bike

go buy a bike and an indoor trainer, that way you will have the bike to ride outside also. And as far as the legs, some of the most sexiest legs (IMHO) belong to female cyclist
  • nokittyno
    nokittyno Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Spin bike's are AMAAAAZZZING. I bought one last month, here is a review sorta, that I posted online at BodyBuilding.com:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=882217721#post882217721

It's wonderful, you sweat buckets in a short amount of time, and I myself haven't run in a very long time, my knee's, hips, shins and ankle were always retaliating, if it weren't for the Spin bike ATM my cardio would be limited, I had tried Jump Rope (painful), Interval/Incline Walking/Running, Jumping-Jacks, Rowing on my lat machine, I was uber distressed about the lack of Cardio until I searched for an alternative, I can't say enough about the Spin Bike, other than like an Elliptical - you get out what you put in.

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/560626_10150683598536191_513601190_9404575_486153664_n.jpg

(On an unrelated note, how does one post/embed images/videos?)
  • All4You
    All4You Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have bought a new bike recently

I took it too the shop tonight to purchase a turbo machine (having seen one online yesterday) I was advised the rear wheel wasnt suitable for a turbo trainers so would have to keep swapping over the rear wheel

and the price it costs I could buy an indoor bike