I feel like baking, love

Options
3 day weekends make me feel like baking. The downside to that is tht an entire batch of whatever I make will be in the house for me to try not to eat. Any ideas for something that won't tank my diet or reduced size batches would be super appreciated.

Replies

• Cheri1218
    Cheri1218 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Check out www.chocolatecoveredkatie.com
    She always has healthy treats. Some are baked.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Is there anyone that you could give stuff away to? Friends or neighbours? That way you could keep a small amount of the product for yourself, and spread the joy around! Or, maybe you could make something that freezes well, and freeze most of it.
  • curvykim78
    curvykim78 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Freeze the extras is what I was thinking.
  • Jodiekate
    Jodiekate Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I love to bake so I now take anything that I make into work with me and let everyone else eat it, needless to say I am becoming very popular!!
  • butilovechocolate
    Options
    piecesinprogress.tumblr.com has some awesome baking recipes that are super healthy. Even if you don't have all the ingredients, you can usually modify it without affecting the health much at all.
  • vichick20
    vichick20 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    This is one of my recipes for a cupcake which only makes 1 serving :smile: There are no left overs... so no overeating!

Skinny PB&J Cupcake for 1:

http://delainesskinnydelights.blogspot.ca/2012/05/skinny-pb-cupcake-for-1.html
  • RillSoji
    RillSoji Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I consider it a personal challenge to see how small I can make the recipe. :D That way you can still bake, and bake lots of different things! But you're not stuck with a couple dozen each of cookies, cupcakes, ect.
  • shaymonieq
    shaymonieq Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Make a 3-2-1 cake :heart:
  • RunChristyRun
    RunChristyRun Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Bake a large batch and donate it to a Veteran's home or a homeless shelter.
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    try these

1 cup all natural peanut butter, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 1 egg and 3 packets stevia. Blend with electric mixer. With a teaspoon make balls of the dough an put on cookie sheet. Flatten with a fork and bake at 350 for about ten minutes. I usually get 15 cookies out of the batch.
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    I make small batches (so I can bake more often without eating more...) and freeze so the family can have a treat when I'm away.
  • tuiccim
    tuiccim Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    This is a great recipe for One Bowl Vanilla Cupcakes for Two. http://www.howsweeteats.com/2011/03/one-bowl-vanilla-cupcakes-for-two/

Also, try this blog. She does a ton of awesome baking items. http://www.skinnytaste.com/
  • Miztake
    Miztake Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I like to bake cookies for my dogs. :happy: Anything from banana biscotti to bacon cheddar biscuits. My dogs love me for the homemade treats, I get the baking "bug" out of my system and I am never tempted to even sample the product....well almost never lol. If you don't have your own pet, bake something for your friend's dog or cat. I am sure your gift will be well received and much appreciated.