Dinner ideas anyone?

Options
I need ideas for dinner. I usually eat chicken/tilapia and broccoli daily. I'm getting burnt out. I need something obviously low calorie and something with veggies, but I'm stuck. What does everyone eat?

Replies

• cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I have tons of recipe sights!

skinnytaste.com, skinykitchen.com, thegraciouspantry.com, cleaneatingmag.com,cookingquinoa.com,eatcleandiet.com,
  • Marcy31
    Marcy31 Posts: 53
    Options
    How about shish kabobs I love doing those during warm weather you can use any veggies and you can even put fruit in in with some brown rice
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Tonight we're grilling burgers (no rolls) ..... grilling zucchini & onion halves ..... large tossed salad

Bon apetit !
  • Nebrie
    Nebrie Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    We are having curry tonight. Little high in carbs but I can afford it tonight.

Serves 5
    S&B - Golden Curry Paste Hot, 1 container (100 g (1/5 package)
    Great Value - Canned Whole Potatoes, 1 container
    Great Value - Sliced Carrots/Canned (8.25 oz Can), 1 container
    Mushrooms - Raw, 8oz
    Onions - Raw, 1 medium (2-1/2" dia)
    Garlic - Raw, 3 tsp
    Dole - Baby Spinich, 4.5 oz
    Dinner - Rice, White, Steamed, 2.5 Cup (cooked)
    Chicken Breast - Boneless & Skinless Chicken Breast, 10 oz

Total: Calories,1720 - Carb,227 - Fat,42 - Protein,91
    Per Serving: Calories,344 - Carb,45 - Fat,8 - Protein,18
  • JessieArt
    JessieArt Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    South Beach Chock Full of Veggies Chili. My entire family begs me to make it. So yummy!
  • kittyfrost
    kittyfrost Posts: 54
    Options
    Stir fry with tonnes of vegetables and chicken, tofu etc. You can add different spices or soy sauce to change the taste :) I love using chilli powder or ginger and turmeric.
  • brneydgrlie
    brneydgrlie Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Today our dinner was:

Shrimp skewers (cooked on the grill)
    Marinated portobello mushroom caps and zucchini (cooked on the grill)
    Tomato salad with fresh basil
    Blackberries, blueberries, and strawberries, with a little bit of homemade custard sauce for dessert. It's great without the custard, but ya know, since it's a holiday and all... ;-)
  • lc971
    lc971 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Grilling some shrimp tonight. Will put it over Cauliflower "rice", with a side vegetable or salad.
  • BecksterB00
    Options
    We had Fish Stiry Fry with loads of veggies, but I was very naughty and added light coconut milk and weight watchers fromage frais but even with the garlic, onions, mushrooms and a spoonful of tomato puree and spices it tasted lovely!
  • Erica002
    Erica002 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    We're having french toast, scrambled eggs, and bacon..lol I've been craving for awhile so decided that's what's for dinner tonight!
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Had a pork stir fry for supper tonight. Rice noodles, pork tenderloin cut in strips, Stir fry veggies. Some ginger, garlic, soy sauce and some peanut sauce for the noodles.
  • Ralphrabbit
    Ralphrabbit Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Stir-fry!! As many different coloured veggies with it at possible!
    Yum!!!!
  • jhehle
    jhehle Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Yes i have ideas!! Eat whatever you want, but in moderation :) examples: we have hamburgers 85/15, i eat them on one slice of wheat bread and a tomato slice on top--pretty healthy and delicious.
    bbq chicken and green beans is a good one
    Baked Pork chop (small) and peas etc :)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Last night we had salmon and green beans cooked on the grill. Sunday we had burgers on the grill with a side of whole grain pasta salad. Saturday we ate out. Friday we had shredded chicken tacos. Thursday we had pan seared orange roughy with roasted brussel sprouts and corn. Not sure what we are having tonight yet.
  • srpm
    srpm Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    How about shish kabobs I love doing those during warm weather you can use any veggies and you can even put fruit in in with some brown rice
    I had kabobs earlier this week, we love them! I usually do chicken or shrimp, onions, pineapple, & green peppers. For a special treat sometimes we do beef or lamb also, just use more veggies and less meat :)