Who I am , and What I can do now!

Options
I am a 31 year old Father of five,husband to a great woman,and Chef.I have been over-weight all my life.About 6 years ago I gave up on life and my family. I packe on the pounds like no ones business.At my Heaviest I weighed about 635lbs Feb.2009. I got tired of seeing life pass me by and my family growing up and away from me.This year on July 13, 2009 I under went Gastric-by-pass surgery to save my life...........and I do belive it has worked! I am now spending more time with my family and doing more activites,actually my wife is now pregnant and due in June!MFP has been a god snet and all of the support I get here is amazing!Remember if I can do it anyone can do it!!!

These days I wake up and excerise wether its walking or playing with my kids,or my bike or even in the bedroom.I am walkin a little faster these days and can even jog ,a small distance ;but, its a start. Baby steps! I hope to be running soon.

142855.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Calculator

Replies

• KismetHot
    Options
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: THAT IS AWESOME!!! Congrats!
  • patrice27
    Options
    :happy: :happy: :smile: :bigsmile: kudos- congratulations on your success. Patrice
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Congratulation on you weight loss and on the new child. I hope you will continue to be blessed by this site.:flowerforyou: Thank you for sharing your story
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Holy Crap that is unbelieveable! Keep the attitude and you will reach that desired goal!!
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Isn't just getting up out of a chair that much easier??

Not the mention being around for your family later in life.
  • Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    God bless you!!! You have great courage and you are an inspiration!!! Thank you for sharing that. It is am amazing story, and one that you will tell your great grand children one day.
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    amazing! good for you! :drinker:
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Congrats. Keep going. Thanks for the inspiration.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!