anorexia, anyone?

Options
i'm trying to recover from a very severe eating disorder.

just wondering if anyone out there has been here before or understands?

Replies

• ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    While I don't have anorexia, I just wanted you to know we are all here to support one another to be the healthiest we can be. :flowerforyou:
  • tabbi187
    Options
    I am sorry I do not, I have the opposite problem (Overeating)
    But I wish you the best of luck.
    The best way to gain weight is to do it slowly and by eating healthy fatty foods such as nuts, starches, grains, and most complex carbs.
    You can do it!
  • gin_rei
    gin_rei Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have been there. Bulimia and anorexia, actually. Not my proudest days. I do understand, though.
    It's been about ten years, but I try to keep an eye on myself. I'm trying to lose weight - just had a baby, and I was already a bit overweight before I got pregnant. So now I'm working on getting back to a good, healthy weight. I know myself, though, and have to monitor my weightloss to make sure that I don't go overboard.
    I get excited about how well I'm doing here, and then start subtracting pounds from my goal weight (in my mind, at least). Then I remind myself that my goal is healthy - not skeletal.

Are you working on putting on weight now?

I know that the thing that made me feel better when I realized I no longer fit into my skinny jeans was realizing how much better I filled out a bra. That, and remembering how much nicer making love is when your pelvic bones don't bruise your partner:)
  • bethany_jurries
    bethany_jurries Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I was Bulimic for a while when I was in 8th and 9th grade. I still suffer with the wanting to binge eat and then purge. When my ex broke up with me about a year ago I sunk right back into the habits. I went for only a week before my family and friends saw what was happening and started monitoring me. I completely understand. Once started a healthier lifestyle I learned that type of "dieting" is not healthy for me and it never really worked or made me happy. I am happy now. I may not be as skinny as I want but I will get there one day and I will be happy on the whole path. I hope my story helped! We are all here to help you!
  • hopingforhealthy
    Options
    it's far too psychological to "just eat". unfortunately, i have to wait to get into intensive in-patient treatment.

thank you for your stories, it helps just to know that it can be overcome.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    You'll get healthy...the fact that you want it says a lot. Good luck with getting into your treatment program. Remember, anything can be overcome. Many have done it before you, and you'll do it too.

Have you ever seen the show Supersize vs Superskinny? Depending on where you live, you can watch episodes online or on YouTube. I find it a real eye opener, and quite enjoy it.