5 Day exercise program for women

Options
Hey gang. In my continued desire to give back to the MFP community I have posted a 5 day workout plan designed with women in mind who dislike running constantly. That doesn't mean that cardio is not a part of the program. I am a strong believer in eating right and exercising and keeping it simple. If you want, check it out.

http://www.facebook.com/final.fitness.101

I am hoping for some feedback on what you like and don't like. Keep at it MFPers.

Replies

• mandasimba
    mandasimba Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Would you do this workout? It seems silly that women should work out or lift different than men.

There seems to be a lot of isolation work, and a lot of it. I do see squats, but it says without weight, and in another, a leg press instead of a squat.

Each to their own, I def see lots of people work out at the gym that way so I'm sure some will like it, just not my cup of tea.
  • natekorpusik
    natekorpusik Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Would you do this workout? It seems silly that women should work out or lift different than men.

There seems to be a lot of isolation work, and a lot of it. I do see squats, but it says without weight, and in another, a leg press instead of a squat.

Each to their own, I def see lots of people work out at the gym that way so I'm sure some will like it, just not my cup of tea.

A lot of the exercises in this routine I do on a regular basis. Actually, you will find a lot of them in boot camp routines (including actual bootcamp) and in crossfit routines. This routine focuses on the areas that, when given the biggest gains, will help shape your entire body and lose weight. But, to each their own.
  • wookiemouse
    wookiemouse Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I actually prefer workouts for women. We have different target areas. I don't need a 10" thick neck, thank you very much.

I would like to see a few compound moves in there. It just reads a little dry.

On one day I think I saw 75 traditional situps? Those are horrible for women! Especially anyone who has had kids.

I also work out a little differently. I don't like working weights back-to-back, even different muscle groups. Instead of an hour of static cardio, maybe cut the time down and do intervals instead?
  • natekorpusik
    natekorpusik Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I actually prefer workouts for women. We have different target areas. I don't need a 10" thick neck, thank you very much.

I would like to see a few compound moves in there. It just reads a little dry.

On one day I think I saw 75 traditional situps? Those are horrible for women! Especially anyone who has had kids.

I also work out a little differently. I don't like working weights back-to-back, even different muscle groups. Instead of an hour of static cardio, maybe cut the time down and do intervals instead?

Great feedback. Thank you so much. I should also explain that some of these execises were geared to women that were looking for a weight lifting "like" routine that also includes some "other" exercises to keep it interesting. I would argue that situps are arguable. Lol. When done properly, especially at a decline they really work the area right about legs. But again, great feedback, and that's what this is about, sharing knowledge.