Before or after? pls help

Options
Hello all I work till 5pm then go home but I have a question should I go to the gym or walk before dinner or after I try to use the crock pot but sometimes I have to cook and I would say if I go strait home but I dont know how to do it I know one of my biggest things is eating late I need to stop doing that.:smile::smile:

Replies

• cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I usually eat dinner after I workout if I workout in the evening. I think the not eating after 6/7/8 pm rule is BS.
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    tough choice - i tend to need about 2 hours after a good meal, before i don't feel it coming back up when going for a run...
    i'd say do what feels right for you.
    since it's unseasonally hot here these days, i've actually started going for a run just before it gets dark, so that gives me plenty of time to eat first...
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    eating late is a myth, as long as you are getting your caloric intake in there is no set schedule you have to follow on when you are eating your meals... As far as the exercise I always found it easier to get my workout in before cause I was less likely to go home eat and then be to lazy to head back out to exercise.... Best of Luck....
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    If I eat before a workout, I get sick at my tummy. I always eat after and workout fasted.
  • hjackson1226
    hjackson1226 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I leave work at 5 as well. I pick up my little girl from daycare and we go straight to the gym several days a week. We eat dinner after we get home (it is usually 7:30ish at this point seeing as I don't arrive at the gym until 6)...I either have something in the crockpot OR if I am going to cook I do all prep work the night before (chop all veggies that I can, have the meat already seasoned, etc).
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Have a snack before walking or the gym and eat dinner after. Or not. Just work the exercise into your schedule somehow, it's worth it.
  • Marcy31
    Marcy31 Posts: 53
    Options
    Thanks I think I will try it before I eat or get home at that and its so funny on here everyone I have talked to has told me that as long as I eat healthy its ok to eat a little later:smile:
  • susanb573
    susanb573 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    We try to keep a few easy healthy meals on hand that I can throw together quickly or use the crockpot. I have recently switched to morning workouts because I work job 1 from 6:45 to 4:45 and job 2 from 6:00 to 9:30 or so so there was no time for evening workouts. (Job 2 is transcription at home so I can stop and start as needed to get dinner on the table for the kids but there's no time to work out.)
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I have an apple with PB at like 9:30-10 pm every night. If I stopped eating at 7 pm Id be ravenous by bedtime and not be able to sleep.
  • 250gorilla
    250gorilla Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I cook ahead on Sunday. Then walk before I get home and eat dinner. Because I find it hard go back out after I am home to exercise. Also at work I do my lunch walk before I eat. 30 min walk and 30 mins to eat.