New and need motivation

Options
I'm new to this site and excited about the possibilities! I am going on a cruise in 19 weeks and would like to lose about 35 pounds by then. Need to get motivated to eat healthy, stop "grazing", eating sweets, and eating late at night, and need to start exercising! I need all the inspiration I can get! Any tips would be greatly appreciated! Thanks to all...

Replies

• Vercell
    Vercell Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.
  • sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Hi! Welcome! Feel free to add me.

Also, I can help you out with the cruise thing. My husband and I went on one in May of last year and actually LOST weight. We went again in December and although we didn't loose any weight, we stayed where we were!
  • AGirlandHerFrenchie
    AGirlandHerFrenchie Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Welcome - this is a great site and you'll totally find all the motivation you need here. The best tip I can give you is log everything!
  • angelrock
    angelrock Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    welcome
    please feel free to add me I usually add Tip of the Day posts which a lot of people find interesting. Good luck with your weight loss progress.
  • honeygirl0715
    Options
    I'm new to this site and excited about the possibilities! I am going on a cruise in 19 weeks and would like to lose about 35 pounds by then. Need to get motivated to eat healthy, stop "grazing", eating sweets, and eating late at night, and need to start exercising! I need all the inspiration I can get! Any tips would be greatly appreciated! Thanks to all...

You can totally lose 35 pounds in 19 weeks with a little determination. That breaks down to just .54 pounds per week! You can do that! Cut out all liquid calories to start with. I did that and lost 24 pounds (in three months) almost without trying! Let's do the math for a 20oz bottle of Pepsi assuming you drink two bottles per day.

20oz Pepsi = 250 calories each x 2 = 500 calories per day x 7 days per week = 3500 calories total, which = one pound of weight

So, in reality you could lose 19 pounds in 19 weeks if you cut out just two 20 oz sodas per day. Now, you may not drink soda but I'm sure there are other things in your daily eating plan that you could cut out entirely or reduce and still lose weight with little effort.

Of course if you want to turbo charge your weight loss, combine the above practice with a sensible exercise plan of at least 30 -45 minutes most days of the week and you'll be well on your way to slipping into a bikini by cruise time. Good luck!
  • whitefang66
    whitefang66 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm new too, although I have lost a fair bit of weight in the last 3 weeks, so feel free to add me :flowerforyou:
  • honeygirl0715
    Options
    Welcome - this is a great site and you'll totally find all the motivation you need here. The best tip I can give you is log everything!

This is a great tip! Log EVERYTHING even the stuff you don't want to. LOL You're only cheating yourself if you don't. Being able to see it all in black in white is a real eye opener for many. It was for me. Now I know where I need to cut back.
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options

You can totally lose 35 pounds in 19 weeks with a little determination. That breaks down to just .54 pounds per week!

Sorry, but you need to brush up on your math skills. That is slightly over 1.84 lbs per week.

Not an impossible goal, but it's going to take some dedication and smart decisions.
  • bme8956
    bme8956 Posts: 6 Member
    Options

This is a great tip! Log EVERYTHING even the stuff you don't want to. LOL You're only cheating yourself if you don't. Being able to see it all in black in white is a real eye opener for many. It was for me. Now I know where I need to cut back.
    [/quote
    Not only log everything, but I like to underestimate my exercise and overestimate my food. Keeps me honest! ;-)