In a rut :(

Options
I was doing so well but lately I have gotten waaaay out of control with eating poorly again. (Even drive though today wtf?)
How do you all get back on track when you have completly messed up? I feel so so down :(

Replies

• wookiemouse
    wookiemouse Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Realize that life isn't a perfectly smooth ride and you'll never screw up. Learn your lesson, figure out what derailed you in the first place and how you could have handled it differently, and move on. Tomorrow's a new day with new choices.

One meal at a time, one workout at a time, one day at a time....
  • kparks2
    kparks2 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Get back on it. I honestly was using this site for about 10 months on and off before really being serious. I do not say this to be rude but from experience, when you are truly ready you will stick to it. Little by little. Maybe try a cheat day for now and eat well the other days...that worked for me until I cut out the cheat days. This way if you know you want Pancakes or what not you save it for that day.
  • saxcraft
    saxcraft Posts: 7
    Options
    I was in the same boat this winter... once you start indulging it's hard to stop, especially if you're in the "I'm tired of counting calories" or "I look good enough and I need a break from all this" rut. I found that I got super unhappy because I'd undone most of my hard work, and it was hard to get back into it because the journey would be so long. But you just have to do it! And then you realize how awesome you feel after that first workout... and you're back on track! I'm a firm believer in that you NEVER regret working out after you're done... it's the getting into the workout that's hard!
  • Rachlovesfitness
    Rachlovesfitness Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    All of this advice has been very inspiring, thank you so so much