Mental Kick in the Butt

Options
havingitall
havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
Lately I have felt like I have been slipping a bit. It started with a vacation in Vegas with all the buffets and good restaurants. Although I did exercise some, my eating habits deteriorated. Aftr coming home last Friday, I have slacked off on exercise too and eating still hasn't been amazing, thanks to Canadian Thanksgiving on Monday.

Today, I got up and went to the gym. I was going to give up after 20 minutes on the elliptical and was ready to go do something easier when I stopped myself from that.

Giving up isn't what got me to where I am today. Giving up got me to where I was in January ( 76 lbs heavier) Today I stayed on that elliptical for 40 minutes. I am walking at lunch and will be walking again tonight. The easy way out doesn't work. I proved that to myself before.

Today, I am switching back to the focused and hard working Vicky. I am much more impressed with that woman!

Replies

• chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I like this motivated kick butt Vicky! You go girl!
  • tiffani82
    tiffani82 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    You have such an amazing attitude! You have so got this. :happy:
  • Celestia
    Celestia Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this! I like your comment on liking the hard working woman...she is more impressive :love:

I need a mental kick in the butt too after 2 months of slacking off :noway: reading these posts reminds me of why I started in the first place!
  • lisaisso
    lisaisso Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    OMG that was me yesterday..
    after taking 3 days off from the gym, i finally went and got on the elliptical. 20 minutes in, i was contiplating hopping off-- and i thought, "NO!"
    so many times in my life i've gone the 'easier, softer way' and i wonder why i end up where i do..
    thanks for your commitment :wink:
  • design_girl
    Options
    Thanks for the motivation! And keep up the good work- you can do it!
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    I wanted to quit 3 minutes into my run this morning...then I thought "Did Bluto quit when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?" Heck No!

After that I finished strong.
  • m2kjenn
    m2kjenn Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    Very inspirational guys - I need it. Feeling really run down myself, took off 5 days for a mini vaca and it is hard to get going again. Did my treadmill last night and hated every minute of it, need to change my attitude and get back in there!!! congrats to all who are pushing through
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Did my walk at lunch! Then I came back and ate 3 oz of turkey, raw veggies and hummus.

This is going to be a great day!
  • cdickey
    cdickey Posts: 230
    Options
    Very inspiring. I needed this "kick in the butt" too.
  • LittleEva44
    Options
    Hi Vicky. You are doing great by walking during your lunch time. I "Power walk" M/W/F during my lunch hour for 2 miles. I am training myself to jog as I've NEVER been a jogger/runner myself. I have lost 20 pounds and would LOVE to give you tips. :flowerforyou:

Blessings!

Eva
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!