what are good foods to eat to help boost you're energy

Options
I started MFP last week and I have been able to meet my caleries without going over, and I've started excersiseing but I feel like I have no energy anymore and just curious if there were foods to eat to help build energy.

Replies

• sharlowbrla
    sharlowbrla Posts: 54
    Options
    make sure you are drinking your water, staying hydrated.
  • joy5877
    joy5877 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Use almonds as a snack. They fill you up and you stay energized. I also agree about the water!
  • wondergurl25
    Options
    I have really been drinking as much water as I can, but it just seems by the end of the day I have no energy left.
  • awkwardstance
    Options
    Ah! I like to feast on organic bananas, and fresh, ripe, juicy strawberries!
    Other than that, you can go for apricots. Also, I found that eating pumkin seeds really did the trick for me.
    I don't know why, but they render me completely hyper!
  • BackTatJIM
    BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    If your are not getting your b vitamins from food maybe try taking b6 and b12 vitamins. O and sugar free redbull is only 10 calories 1 carb and of course no sugar
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    I eat ....raw almonds, cheese with apples...wasa cracker & tuna no mayo

Carbs will give you energy...but I try to stay clear. It makes your bllod sugar spike
  • fithannafit
    fithannafit Posts: 50
    Options
    Make sure you are eating healthy foods rather than just low calorie or low fat/sugar foods. By eating fruits and vegetables, lean protein, healthy fats and whole grains to meet your calorie requirements you are also insuring yourself that you are getting all the NUTRIENTS you need. You can lose weight by reducing the amount of food you eat but you can feel 10x better by adjusting the types of foods you eat. :)
  • princessage117
    princessage117 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Vitamin B12 supplements, a multi vitamin if you aren't taking one, for me, I feel like fish, , veggies, oranges, apples, and peanut butter give me energy.
  • BackTatJIM
    BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Make sure you are eating healthy foods rather than just low calorie or low fat/sugar foods. By eating fruits and vegetables, lean protein, healthy fats and whole grains to meet your calorie requirements you are also insuring yourself that you are getting all the NUTRIENTS you need. You can lose weight by reducing the amount of food you eat but you can feel 10x better by adjusting the types of foods you eat. :)

I am glad I am not the only person who feals this way! I actually have trouble eating all of my calories when I eat healthy foods all day
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Lol I never have issues hitting my calories even when eating healthier options!
  • candlegal
    candlegal Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    You may want to invest in a good multivitamin and check out liquid B12 it's suppose to help boost your energy. If you are still having issues you may want to have your Dr. run a thyroid check on you. I personally have a low thyroid and have to take medicine for it. It's called Hypothyroidism- google it and see if you identify with any of the symptoms. It's a pretty common thing, I have come to learn. Good luck!
  • srpm
    srpm Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    This may sound like a stupid question but are you getting enough sleep?

I take a B-complex vitamin on days when I am extra draggy but it is usually because I didn't get enough sleep. On the food side if I just need a little pick-me up I usually eat a handful or nuts or a piece of fruit.
  • wondergurl25
    Options
    those are all great ideas, yeah I will have to try all of that this all started after I started going to the gym and eating differently so I am not sure but maybe its just my body getting used to the idea of all of this..but next time at the doctor im looking into the thyroid thing because they checked it when I was younger but not again since. And I am going to look into vitamins too because they can always help if not with the energy thing but with other things too
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Could be that your body is just adjusting to the changes, especially the exercise. I workout pretty consistently and I am still a little wiped out in the evening on workout days.