Anyone ever feel invisible when going out?

Options
ONE03
ONE03 Posts: 125 Member
Like no one notices you? I guess it's better than negative attention.

Replies

• victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Its probably in your head. How exactly do you want to be noticed though?
  • Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I am to obnoxious to be ignored...
  • interceptor311
    interceptor311 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    Thats me.. I'm told I look unapproachable...
  • gabbingfilly
    gabbingfilly Posts: 106 Member
    Options

If I wasn't a happily married lady and I saw you in public, I would say "Heyyyyyyyyyyy" :smile:
  • 7bel0
    7bel0 Posts: 192 Member
    Options

I would absolutely approach you. Just saying..
  • comogirl
    comogirl Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I don't feel invisible I feel the opposite. I feel judgemental glances all the time. I never understood why anyone cared what I look like/ about my weight. If I am ok with it why do others care and judge. Part of the reason I am on this weight loss journey, I want to be healthier and I want to stop the negative attention and judgement from others. I was always ok with being heavy. I'm sure I will like being thinner too.
  • kelley_lynn
    kelley_lynn Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    always, and then there are times... when i am glad i am invis :)
  • AshleyNStanley
    Options
    I would say so be checking you out. Or maybe even try to get pulled over by you. lol
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options

Based on your profile pic, I get that

But I love cops :flowerforyou:
  • allisonrozsa
    allisonrozsa Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I had an "invisible" moment a few months back, but I loved every second of it. ha ha ha! was out to lunch with a friend, and the guy who was at our table previously came back looking for something. He saw my friend and was COMPLETELY fixated on her, didn't even notice me when I tried to answer his question. I wish I had followed him and given out my friends phone number, it was SO funny!
  • spearfox
    spearfox Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean.
    Body and facial language.
    You being a cop probably know how to project it and read it.
  • shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    I wish I was invisible when I went out. :p
  • interceptor311
    Options

I would absolutely approach you. Just saying..

Where have you all been??? lol
  • interceptor311
    Options
    Ya, I hear I don't smile enough! :grumble:
  • Briski1411
    Briski1411 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Most of the time I try not to be noticed. I kind of don't mind because I just do my thing and don't care for anyone to notice me and possibly intervene. Other times I LOVE the attention, but I rarely get it. I very rarely ever notice a women checkin me out, like once every 6 months to a year. However my wife tells me on occasion women are checking me out.

To be honest I notice more guys checking me out when I were tank tops/muscle shirts than I do women, I hope that doesn't make me gay :0( !!!
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    There are definite times when I feel invisible - not so much by myself, but when I'm out with friends. They're pretty and sociable, and I'm kinda average and a little shy around new people. I love my friends and it's not anything they do on purpose, but it just happens sometimes. My advice is to find your own thing apart from others, so you can stand out on your own. For me, that is doing my own thing by myself at the gym or in class and work. Just being by yourself makes you feel different than in a group. Also, keep working on your health and as you lose weight you will begin to feel a little more alive and willing to take chances.
  • hapoo100
    hapoo100 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    I definitely was invisible for a very long time. I tend to get noticed more often now that I lost the weight. Its kinda nice some times, I just dont really know how to deal with it yet.
  • RTricia
    RTricia Posts: 720
    Options
    yes.
  • scott1080
    scott1080 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    i dont even have to go out to feel invisable
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Confidence, being dressed well, and a positive demeanor go A LONG way when it comes to people noticing you.