Anyone ever feel invisible when going out?

Options

Replies

• chelll224
    chelll224 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Totally invisible. People even bump into me all the time. I was walking to lunch last week and a guy on the sidewalk almost mowed me down, he was too busy checking out 2 girls on the other side of the street to notice I was right in front of him. It's very depressing sometimes.
  • guamSUPERgirl90
    Options
    i was so invisible...

I went out to a club and was sitting down by myself while my friends were on the dance floor, a guy came over and sat on me. Didn't see me there as the couch was black and I was wearing black.

watch out!!! NINJA COUCH!!!! lmao
  • sisierra
    sisierra Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Fer sure! And while I'm pretty confident (or can put on a pretty good act), it does wear at my ego/esteem a bit =/
  • Rach911
    Rach911 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Thats me.. I'm told I look unapproachable...

I too would totally approach you...smile or not...still cute :tongue:
  • capabledesire
    Options
    Yes. Even when I try to look good and smile its like people look past me.
  • dg09
    dg09 Posts: 754
    Options
    I'd love to feel invisible. I feel like everyone is always staring and judging, and I hate it.
  • RikanSoulja
    RikanSoulja Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    No not ever really a problem for me.
  • paeli
    paeli Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I've always felt sort of invisible, but I find I get noticed much more often now that I've lost some of the weight. I still don't know how to react, so I try to smile and make eye contact with people. It's hard as I live in a big city where it's taboo to make much eye contact, everyone wants to avoid each other, lol.
  • rrrainiii
    rrrainiii Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I've always felt like the "fat friend." My friends get all the attention no matter how well dressed I am or how confident I try to be. It's probably just an insecurity thing. *shrugs*
  • Skinny_Jeans_Soon
    Skinny_Jeans_Soon Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Yep, all the time! If someone does look my way, I always look behind me because I know they aren't looking at me. I like being invisible because I really enjoy people watching. I love crazy drunk people, they make me giggle!
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    I've always felt like the "fat friend." My friends get all the attention no matter how well dressed I am or how confident I try to be. It's probably just an insecurity thing. *shrugs*
    I'd pay attention to you!:wink:
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I swear I am the most invisible 5'10" redhead on the planet; however, I am slowly learning to not let it bother me.

I don't get hit on when I go out, and that's actually okay for now. I'm not really a social butterfly anyway.
  • sullykat
    sullykat Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I'd like to not be invisible, but then I realize how awful it is when people are paying attention to you, so I MUCH prefer to not be noticed
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I go out of my way to try and be invisible, and it usually backfires.
  • Phoenix24601
    Phoenix24601 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    all the time, but i only want my man to notice me anyway.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options

This is how I feel too. Doesn't matter that I'm thinner than a lot of my friends now. It's just my attitude. I feel like people are laughing at me for even trying to be social.
  • downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    I have never been invisible in my life. It was important that people knew who I was, and liked me.
    As a kid I wished I could blend in once in a while, but it just isn't my style.
  • interceptor311
    interceptor311 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    The only time I get noticed is at work....and that I don't like. I won't eat in a restaurant style setting. I hate being stared at...and looked at like an *kitten*.
  • interceptor311
    interceptor311 Posts: 980 Member
    Options

This is how I feel too. Doesn't matter that I'm thinner than a lot of my friends now. It's just my attitude. I feel like people are laughing at me for even trying to be social.

But you look great. But I certainly understand what you are saying. I fell the same way...mainly because my height. (This thread is depressing me) LOL
  • wasteofpaint35
    wasteofpaint35 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    The only attention I can ever seem to get is from serious creepers. The kinda guy who lurks in a dark corner and watches you for 30 mins then proceeds proposition you to go to a "party" at his house. I never wear anything revealing so its not like I look like a prosti (no offense if anyone is). From what I can gather, the less clothing you wear the more approachable and appealing you are. I can't say that I necessarily desire the kind of attention being bumped and ground about at the traditional nightclub scene, but it would be a nice to know that I don't look like the kind of girl who would go home with the 45 year old club lurker. (no offense to the older men. I'm sure you are not creepy.) Now that I think about it, those club lurkers must feel pretty invisible too. Oh well, that's what they get for standing in a dark corner. :P