my new journey to shed 100lbs in a year

Options
I just joined MFP this past thursday, I am new this to site and I am new to the weight loss working out thing. I have tried dieting before, diet pills, and what not but nothing usually sticks. I have always been all talk and no action but I really want to do this and I am determined too. I joined the gym last week and plan to try to go three days a week and build that up to five days a week. Since I am new to the whole thing, any ideas and suggestions about fitness rutines and things to do at the gym would be awesome, as well as ideas, suggestions, or recipe's for meals and food in general.

Thanks, I really think that with the help of keeping track of my caleries, excersise and support from others I can really make this goal happen.

:happy:

Replies

• NeverGoinBack2012
    Options
    You will find alot of encouragement on this site. Welcome!
  • wondergurl25
    Options
    awe well thank you (:
  • pspetralia
    pspetralia Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Welcome ..... baby steps or giant leaps ..... these are just some of my changes:

Get the junkfood out of the house
    Shop the perimeter of the market ..... buy veggies/meats/dairy
    Read labels, ditch the processed foods
    Weigh your portions
    Eat breakfast every day
    Have more veggies .... less sugar & starch
    Drink water
    Experiment with new recipes
    And start moving !

Best of luck to you !
  • wondergurl25
    Options
    All of those things I am trying to do, it is hard when no one else in my household has to or is willing to do the healthy eating too, and they usually don't take me serious when I try to do it myself becaues they know in the past I haven't stuck it out. And if I want other food that isn't in the house I have to buy it out of my pocket so its hard too but I am trying to figure it out.
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    When I first started this journey, I did it because I had a new boss and she wanted everyone in the office to get healthy with her...I could not afford to do the diet she and others were/are doing. So I am doing my own thing. But it's working for me, and I've stuck with it and am thrilled with my results. 77lbs down since January 2, 2012. You will do it this time, because you want to
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    You can do it!!
  • poodlepaws
    poodlepaws Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    It comes off a little slower than we want but the reward is sooooooooo worth it :-)
  • bfairbanks1982
    bfairbanks1982 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! Friend request sent!!
  • wondergurl25
    Options
    Thanks I guess what I am having the hardest time doing is finding the right kinds of foods to eat and portion sizes, all i've been eating is salads with chicken furits and veggies, yogurt, and cereal but I know I need to eat other foods too and also it seems since I've been eating all those foods and keeping within my caleries..I feel hungry all the time and my energy by the end of the day is like non existant so I am struggleing.
  • angieroo2
    angieroo2 Posts: 973 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Read the forums a lot, learn a lot and determine what works best for you.
  • NorthwestPA
    NorthwestPA Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I am also new at MFP and have a long way to go. Three days a week is my schedule right now. My niece has been a great help with keeping me on track when I go to the gym. She has lost 100+ lbs so far using this group.

[img]http://tickers. myfitnesspal.com/ticker/show/2274/7523/22747523.png[/img]
  • voyagerintrepid
    voyagerintrepid Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent :) Good luck to you! If you're looking for healthier recipies I suggest checking out Cooking Light. It's really all about making sure you're active and logging everything that goes in your mouth. You can do this!
  • crazyellybean
    crazyellybean Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    100 lbs in a year is awesome! don't be afraid to revisit this goal once you get going... if you find yourself getting discouraged remember where you came from and where you are headed! Just because that scale is not moving, does not mean your body is not changing.
  • mnbmom
    mnbmom Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You should not be hungry. In my opinion, if you are hungry go eat some veggies, even if it is going to put you over your calories. I will eat a bowl full of just green beans or something like that if I am hungry. Try to eats lots of fruits and veggies, lots of different kinds. Keep trying different ways to prepare them until you find a way that you like them. My family goes nuts for my califlower when I roast it with salt and olive oil and they do not like to eat "healthy". Good luck! You can do it, it is ok to have mess up days as long as you always get back on track.
  • bears461
    bears461 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Friend request sent!