My Favorite Low Cal Breakfast Meals...yours?

Options
Yogurt and Special K granola bar = 190
Peach Yogurt mixed with 1/2 cup Fiber One Bran Cereal = 160
Egg Beaters, green onion, red hot, English muffin, 1/2oz Velveeta = 185
We make different variations: spinach with laughing cow blue cheese, no red hot purple onion laughing cow garlic.....
Migas- 3 egg whites, purple onion, bell pepper, jalepeno, 1 corn tortilla, laughing cow queso fresco, 1/2 T light margarine = 166

Replies

• kungfubrian
    Options
    I like a toasted english muffin (120 calories) + a medium egg cooked over medium, with a small amount of chopped green onion and frank's red hot (70ish calories) + a laughing cow queso chipotle fresco cheese wedge (35 calories)

about 225 calories plus black coffee and 75 calories of fresh fruit, 300 calorie breakfast and I'm good until lunch.
  • mangosabayon
    Options
    Sounds a lot like mine :)
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal. It's so versatile, I never get sick of it because I can change it up. Sometimes I eat the prepackage Quaker oatmeal and add fruit or nuts to it. Or I use plain oats and flavor it myself with protein powder, honey, fruit, nuts, peanut butter, etc. Sometimes I'll make a big pan of baked oatmeal. Or my new favorite way is to crack an egg in the oatmeal with some applesauce and milk and other things like fruit and nuts and microwave it. Makes for a really good "baked" oatmeal, and it gets me some extra protein.
  • stronglikebull
    Options
    good lord how do you function on such a small breakfast?!
  • thepyro395
    thepyro395 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have been waiting to try a recipe I found online, its turkey sausage, some sliced cheese, bell peppers, red onions, franks red hot sauce on a whole wheat tortilla. Haven't had a chance to try it yet, but I have it saved for later. Breakfast is always my worst meal.
  • mangosabayon
    Options
    Oatmeal. It's so versatile, I never get sick of it because I can change it up. Sometimes I eat the prepackage Quaker oatmeal and add fruit or nuts to it. Or I use plain oats and flavor it myself with protein powder, honey, fruit, nuts, peanut butter, etc. Sometimes I'll make a big pan of baked oatmeal. Or my new favorite way is to crack an egg in the oatmeal with some applesauce and milk and other things like fruit and nuts and microwave it. Makes for a really good "baked" oatmeal, and it gets me some extra protein.

What a greattttttt idea!
  • BlooQKazoo
    BlooQKazoo Posts: 56
    Options
    1/2 cup Fiber One with 1/2 cup Cheerios mixed with some blueberries and a 1/2 cup of almond milk = 140-150 calories
    1/2 cup liquid eggs scrambled with a TON of spinach or with some frozen veggies (like parisian style or something that's 30-35 cals/cup) = 90-100 calories (+40-45 if I eat it with Sara Lee low calorie bread)
    1/2 cup oatmeal with 2 tablespoons of sugar-free syrup = 175 calories (I rarely have this alone, though. It's more of a treat for me, and I'll have it on particularly low-calorie days)
    Or I just have fruit and coffee! I'm SUCH a fan of the Starbucks Mistos (90 calories in a venti nonfat. Tastes the same as a latte but has about 50-70 fewer calories as a venti and about the same as a skinny tall.), and if I'm on the run, I'll grab one (about half the price of a latte, too) and drink it with some grapes or half a grapefruit or half a banana or something.
  • baycat107
    baycat107 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Fruit & Yogurt Smoothie ...lately it's been: 1 banana, 4 or 5 strawberries, 1 cup dannon light yogurt & ice cubes. 265 calories
  • custer1963
    custer1963 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Dannon Activa Fat Free Yogurt with two tbs of walnuts mixed in.
    Oatmeal, Mapel and Brown Sugar, Sugar Free
  • sortin
    sortin Posts: 78
    Options
    I didn't used to even eat anything in the morning. Now most days I at least manage to dump some protein powder in a shaker cup and add water. It keeps me from being hungry too much before lunch. I used to eat a pack of Pop Tarts on the drive to work for the same reason.
  • kdickey31
    kdickey31 Posts: 27
    Options
    1 egg over easy/medium=70 calories
    2.5 oz breakfast turkey sausage=100 calories
    2 slices extra lean turkey bacon= 40 calories
    1 slice of sara lee wheat=45 calorie or cheese stick=60 calories

27 grams of protein with the bread and 29 grams with cheese

All that protein and I’m good after my workout and very full until lunch!!!
  • stephie4111
    stephie4111 Posts: 118
    Options
    i do fried egg with english muffin ww cheese and tomatoes
    or oatmeal with some splenda maybe almond milk
    shakeology diff varieties
    sometimes cereal
  • Shajadea
    Shajadea Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I don't usually do low cal breakfasts. I love a bowl of oatmeal with a sliced banana, a sprinkling of almonds and a good drizzle of honey. Sometimes I will do a protein shake with soy milk and chia seeds. I LOVE soy sausages with a side of some sort of fruit.

Low cal would probably be a piece of fruit. Eggs don't agree with me in the morning on most occasions. Sometimes yogurt is good.
  • hehthurr
    hehthurr Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I usually start with one of the naked smoothies, and a 1 oz chunk of sharp cheddar cheese. I'll snack on fresh fruit until lunch time :)
  • mangosabayon
    Options
    I didn't used to even eat anything in the morning. Now most days I at least manage to dump some protein powder in a shaker cup and add water. It keeps me from being hungry too much before lunch. I used to eat a pack of Pop Tarts on the drive to work for the same reason.

I think I just might have to try this. I have always been a breakfast eater, but this would be something new :smile:
  • PosyPods
    PosyPods Posts: 25
    Options
    I'm so boring with breakfast: 1 1/2 cups cheerios + 1/2 cup skim milk and a Dannon light & fit yogurt. About 280 calories, I believe.

Oatmeal gives me really bad acid reflux and eggs make me incredibly hungry. I still like them both, though, so if I feel like torturing myself I'll have them.
  • mangosabayon
    Options
    I'm so boring with breakfast: 1 1/2 cups cheerios + 1/2 cup skim milk and a Dannon light & fit yogurt. About 280 calories, I believe.

Oatmeal gives me really bad acid reflux and eggs make me incredibly hungry. I still like them both, though, so if I feel like torturing myself I'll have them.

I got my son the dolce delece cheerios, they are yummy :) not sure about the calories though. I only tasted them.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I try to get mostly protein in.. I feel too hungry too soon when I have cereal products,

So I do a chicken soft taco 180 calories,
    or 2/3 cup off cottage cheese with bacon bits, 140 calories..
    or 2 oz of lowfat cheese and an egg, probably around 190 calories..
    then if I'm still hungry I'll throw in a kashi high grain bar, or some fruit.

and then coffee and creamer. lol
  • SocialRopes
    SocialRopes Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    smoothies:
    C unsweetened almond milk
    C sugar free frozen fruit (usually peaches or strawberries)
    scoop of protein powder
    all for about 210 cals.
    the frozen fruit makes it thicker, or i'd use fresh.

if i need more carbs, i switch out the fruit for a banana, about 265 cals.
  • atjays
    atjays Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Ehhh low calorie and breakfast shouldn't be in the same sentence. It starts your day and defines it. Breakfast is usually my highest calorie meal. Fuel my day!