losing weight but pants still fit?

Options
i lost 14 pounds recently and at first my pants were loosening. but now, even though i'm still slowly losing weight my pants are starting to fit again. is this due to muscle gain?

Replies

• BeautifulKristen
    Options
    I don't know.. I put back on my inches as well when I was doing 30 day shred level 2.. So eh. This working out and eating right is really disappointing me.. Verge on quitting :-(
  • NCVF
    NCVF Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Could be muscle. You need muscle to burn fat. Works faster. Do more cardio maybe. Also, don't give in yet. You'll notice a difference soon enough. And you won't just be thinner, You'll be better shaped! :)
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    I don't know.. I put back on my inches as well when I was doing 30 day shred level 2.. So eh. This working out and eating right is really disappointing me.. Verge on quitting :-(

What will that achieve? If you give up I guarantee you'll be gaining inches but with none of the health benefits from exercising. You can do this you just need to focus on doing it most times

OP if you're losing weight it's either water weight or you've measured wrong. I doubt it's muscle gain, unless you're eating at surplus and lifting weights. And oh wouldn't be losing then :-)
  • WILSONBA
    WILSONBA Posts: 197
    Options
    i still look like i'm losing weight so although it's disapointing i still look good. do you look like you are getting slimmer?
  • Sarahkittymeoww
    Options
    Well what exactly are you doing to lose the weight? Diet and more importantly, what type of exercise and how much of it?
  • WILSONBA
    Options
    Well what exactly are you doing to lose the weight? Diet and more importantly, what type of exercise and how much of it?

i am doing cardio (running) 3-4 days a week, and the other days are weights. i eat 1500 calories a day, and eat fairly clean. i don't drink soda either.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    your newbie muscle gains are only going to be 1-2 pounds at most and since muscle takes up LESS space than fat, no it's probably not muscle gain

IME 14 pounds wasnt enough to drop a pant size, but of course it depends on how your weight comes off. obviously if you're noticing changes in places like your face, wrists, hands etc, then none of that will affect your pant size. i didnt drop a pant size until i got to around 20 pounds loss..
  • Sarahkittymeoww
    Options
    Well you may not have actually built up a lot of real muscle yet; however, lifting and strength training still causes water retention and swelling. furthermore, fat doesn't come off so easily either, so it's still probably just hanging around making you feel a little "tighter" for now...but stick with it. Eventually the fat will burn off and you will build lean muscle mass and your legs and hips will slim right down :smile:

Just keep with it!
  • WILSONBA
    Options
    thanks ladies!