Yoga DVD????

Options
Anyone have a recommendations on a yoga DVD or X-box game for yoga workout? I've tried a few that were free on cable, BUT as a beginner who has never done yoga, I find it difficult to do the moves AND look at the video to see what the instructor is doing next. There's got to be a DVD or game out there that's thought about the difficulty of being in downward dog and the newbies ability to change positions to the next pose without having to get out of the 1st pose to see what the heck is going on. lol. Recommendations?

Replies

• Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    If you have Netflix, try Candlelight Yoga, which is very easy and restorative. Sara Ivanhoe is a wonderful instructor. There are a few more on there that are a tad harder, but not crazy hard. You may want to watch the DVDs first so you are more familiar with the positions, and can just follow along to the voice.
  • jfan175
    jfan175 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Rodney Yee's "Yoga for Beginners" explains all of the positions and is easy to follow. There's an upper body and a lower body routine. You can stop the verbal instruction once you get better at it.
  • waterwing
    waterwing Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Biggest Loser - Weightloss Yoga.. is pretty great! Bob explains things in enough detail that it's easy to follow no matter what position you're in. I'm a fan.
  • Gloria67648
    Gloria67648 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I second the recommendation for Rodney Yee
  • yogapeach
    yogapeach Posts: 7
    Options
    Mandy Ingber is fabulous, great energy and an awesome workout. It's all levels and a beginner or very advanced can do it with different modifications for beginners.
  • theresmynapkin
    theresmynapkin Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I do the 10 Minute Solutions: Yoga video on Netflix. The first few times you kinda have to watch her, but it's the same basic moves so after a few times you get more used to it and can focus on form and all the tips she says like pulling your belly in, etc :)
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Rodney Yee - AM Yoga for Your Week. This has 5 -25 minute workouts (Hatha really...wonderful stretches) featuring different body areas/or pose types. The hip opener & standing poses sections are my favorite.

Sara Ivanhoe - Yoga Body Makeover. This has 5 -20 minute and 1-40 minute (stabilityball) workouts (Hatha again). Great little add ons to other workouts ... plus great way for beginners to learn poses.