Unhealthy sometimes??

Options
I usually eat between 1200 and 1400 calories a day. However, some weekends I like to give myself a little leisure. I'm not saying I binge, but I don't prohibit myself from eating ice cream/cookies/ chips like I normally do. Is this bad?

Replies

• ccj424
    ccj424 Posts: 30
    Options
    I don't think it's bad, but I don't think it's good either. I mean, a lot of websites say to give yourself at least one cheat day a week. However, my one day becomes two, then three, and so on. I get so happy when I have a snack that I want to have another one. Especially here, since having a "crunchy" food is rare where I live. Anyway, I guess it's okay if you have enough self-discipline. I'm still working on mine.
  • yogapeach
    yogapeach Posts: 7
    Options
    you should enjoy from time to time, it is not bad! In fact when you have one or two days a week where you do not track it shows best long term results. if you obsess or restrict all the time, it sets you up for falling off long term and possible big binges. Enjoy and don't beat yourself up. Smile, namaste.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Well I don't think you should do it without recording it all. If one week's good-time-food is 2000 calories and one week's good-time-food is 4500 calories, that's going to make a difference to your weight loss. And depending on your goals it can make the difference between losing and gaining.

Only if you are super diligent with tracking everything can you get a true picture of what works for weight loss. If you find you can eat x calories 6 days a week and 4000 one day a week and still lose to meet your desired goal, go for it! If you're not able to, you need to figure out what you have to do to make it workable for you always.

I, personally, just set my goal to losing half a pound per week and I indulge in a little of whatever every day - a piece of chocolate, a glass of wine... whatever. Or I don't and I just save it for another day... BBQ season is among us, after all.
  • wlaurel
    wlaurel Posts: 43
    Options
    Thanks for the help you guys (: