Wii Active

Options
Who has the Wii active? Do you like it and does it really burn calories, or is it just kinda fun exercise?

I've tried the Wii fit, and while it is fun, I don't think it would burn any serious calories. I want the Wii active for christmas, but only if it burns decent calories, like, I could use it on the days I don't go to the gym and burn at least a few hundred calories per 1/2 hour.

Replies

• hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    Options
    Who has the Wii active? Do you like it and does it really burn calories, or is it just kinda fun exercise?

I've tried the Wii fit, and while it is fun, I don't think it would burn any serious calories. I want the Wii active for christmas, but only if it burns decent calories, like, I could use it on the days I don't go to the gym and burn at least a few hundred calories per 1/2 hour.
    i loved the wii fit......even tho it was more for fun than exercising....i got the wii active and it's "Ok" i didnt like it much ....ive had it for like 3months now and ive used it twice =/ but the work outs are deff more like work outs than on the wii fit
  • heathyr
    heathyr Posts: 12
    Options
    the wii active is more strengh traning then cardio stuff. i like it, but if you want good cardio i would check out the wii my fitness coach. it is likna like doing aerobics and more, but instead of working out to the same video day in and day out, the game changes your routine everytime you pop it in. go to amazon and check out reviews, there is lots of good info on there.
  • cynnyscott
    cynnyscott Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My Fitness Coach is great and inexpensive. Definitely gets your heart rate up, but don't get it if you have bad knees!! It relies heavily on squats and lunges.
  • andlofly
    andlofly Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    checking it out
  • zebras
    zebras Posts: 600
    Options
    Wii Active will burn a lot more calories then Wii Fit, but it is not as fun, so you might find yourself not enticed to keep using it. My Fitness Coach burns lots of calories, but doesn't work like a game. I can also really recommend Gold's Gym for the Wii, is really 90% boxing, but it has multiple routines and really gives you a great workout. The workouts are longer than Wii Fit's too.
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    My Fitness Coach is great and inexpensive. Definitely gets your heart rate up, but don't get it if you have bad knees!! It relies heavily on squats and lunges.

Thank you! I hadn't heard of this, I checked it out an Amazon and it looks great. And cheaper too! Now more of my Christmas money can go toward a new wardrobe once I lose all the weight.
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    the wii active is more strengh traning then cardio stuff. i like it, but if you want good cardio i would check out the wii my fitness coach. it is likna like doing aerobics and more, but instead of working out to the same video day in and day out, the game changes your routine everytime you pop it in. go to amazon and check out reviews, there is lots of good info on there.

Thanks it sounds great!