Measuring Cup

jac1967123
jac1967123 Posts: 32 Member
when it says 1 cup or half cup how big are the cups i need to know the weight or what the cup holds any one help me?

Replies

• 42kgirl
    42kgirl Posts: 692 Member
    1 cup is 8 ounces.
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    1 cup= 250ml
  • jac1967123
    jac1967123 Posts: 32 Member
    thank you :smile:
  • mfp_1
    mfp_1 Posts: 516 Member
    Cups are the devil's measure.

If it's a solid food, use weight not volume.
  • Ralphrabbit
    Ralphrabbit Posts: 351 Member
    I tried using conversion tables for this when making a Canadian cookie recipe (for others!!) Did not work at all & had to go out & buy cups. So frustrating!!
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    I tried using conversion tables for this when making a Canadian cookie recipe (for others!!) Did not work at all & had to go out & buy cups. So frustrating!!

Bloody colonials, always causing trouble...........:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • ilesol
    ilesol Posts: 8 Member

Totally agree. Always, ALWAYS use weight, not volume.
  • I love Google for my conversions. I have it set as my home page and simply type in the search bar "How many x are in a y?" of course substituting the "x" and "y" for your units of measure in question.
  • 4rgl
    4rgl Posts: 106

My thoughts exactly. 1 cup water is 250ml or 8 oz, but what about 1 cuo of sugar? 1 cup of dates? Rice? Almonds? 1 cup of each of these is not going to weigh the same. So its better to fill a cup, weigh it and record the weight (that is, if you are trying to log the calories).