38 yr old female wants to lose weight

Options
Hi my name is Kristi, i have been overweight most of my life doing the yo-yo dieting approach. I have tried several diets in my life with little to no success. Finally on Friday i talked to my doctor. Im concerned with my belly fat. I am concerned that i will die young of my own obesity. He took me seriously and suggested a supplement along with a 1400 calorie a day approach. he also told me to get active. well i have listened... I went thru my phone and found this awesome app myfitnesspal and got active. i have challenged myself to get off the couch and move... I went for several walks this weekend and used another app to assist with how fast i was walking and how far i went so i could accuratly input to my exercise setting. I really want to lose this weight that i cant seem to budge. most days i just want to cry at my scale, but for the last 2 days i have looked forward to it. I want to input my numbers. i not eating past the 1400, because i know th net number is where im losing.... thanks for listening..good luck to you all as well.

Replies

• lanzaroteblue
    lanzaroteblue Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard.
    Feel free to add me.

My name is Nicola, I'm 36 and I live in Lanzarote, we moved
    here 'cause we only get about 6 days of rain a year.

I love being outside but want the body to take advantage of it.

I hate running but I do love going to the gym but I'm forcing
    myself to have a go at the C25K programme and it's not horrible
    so far.

I'm 26lbs lost with a goal of 68. I'm LOVING MFP.

Good luck
  • rquantick
    rquantick Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi Kristi

I've also been overweight all my life and a yo-yo dieter

since starting on here i've lost 12lbs and doing alot more exercising

feel free to add me as everyone needs support

Ruth
  • watchtheworld
    Options
    Welcome :)
  • mkshortall
    mkshortall Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Welcome - please add me as well. I have also been up and down forever but this time I am watching my food and working out with a program called P90 and have lost 40lbs so far, 60 to go. I have also gotten very into nutrition research and love to help people as well so let me know what I can do to help :-)
  • thoma74
    thoma74 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Welcome Kristi! Hope this site brings you everything you need to accomplish your goal. It's been a wonderful thing for me when I started back in July 2011. I'm 38 as well and have struggled for many years. Feel free to add me if you wish :-)
  • CardiffSarah
    Options
    Hi there
    You sound very similar to me. I have struggled all my life with my weight. I have lost 15lb with weightwatchers, but have been yo-yoing since January and someone recommended this site to me.
    I do go the gym, but haven't been for a few weeks due to work commitments, but going to make more effort.
    I would like to lose 52lb, only joined yesterday but feeling optimistic.

Feel free to add me as a friend.

Good luck.
    Sarah xx
  • dani_1977
    dani_1977 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you for getting the "party" started. You have joined a great tool for weight loss

Feel free to add me.
  • Roni_M
    Roni_M Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    You've come to the right place!

I'm 39 and this is my first attempt at losing (put it on slowly over many years and just didn't seem to notice or care). I have psoriatic arthritis, so getting started with exercise was very daunting. I've worked my way up to about an hour a day doing a "hard" walk and usually burn a little over 700 calories. Do whatever exercise works for you. You don't have to be doing high impact to lose, just increase the intensity of your chosen exercise as you go. The app makes the calorie counting really simple and having friends to cheer you on and answer questions is a great motivator too.

Good luck on your journey!! :flowerforyou:
  • ncsjodi
    ncsjodi Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I was 38 when I started my journey in January 2011. I'm down almost 100 pounds now from 262 to about 164. I've got 19 pounds to go to my first goal. It's been a long journey, but definitely doable! Just keep at it. You'll notice right away how much more energy you have when you start eating better! Don't give up because if I can do it, so can you!!!