I need some encouragement

Hi you guys, I need some help. I've been working at a fast food restaurant for over a year. I applied there before I started losing weight because it was my favorite place to eat. I had to adjust to eating less on my breaks because of the extremely high calorie food they have, but I do continue to eat there because I have limited options, if you know what I mean. Today was my first day shift now that I've graduated and I ran into a problem. It's so slow that it makes it SO easy to eat. I love the food and the temptation overtook me today. Support please!?

Replies

• Drenched_N_Motivation
    Drenched_N_Motivation Posts: 1,004 Member
    I would quit, its like an alcohoic working at a bar. You should look for work elsewhere.
  • NYAngel1089
    NYAngel1089 Posts: 593 Member
    Pack a lunch! always bring a healthier lunch option and snack options. when you feel the urge, kill it with what you brought.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    I would quit, its like an alcohoic working at a bar. You should look for work elsewhere.

not the same words i would use but it is correct, if you love that food you need to get away.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    the next time you eat anything, make yourself stand in front of a mirror as you are eating it. It is amazing to watch myself eat something that I know I shouldnt be eating. Sometimes I stop eating it completely and sometimes it makes me at least not eat as much. Give it a try.
  • Look for another job. The temptation is too much. You obviously love the food there so bringing a salad in a lunch box just isn't going to cut it if you are surrounded by all that yummy food. Just like at home, if I don't have it in the house I can't eat it but if it's there I can't resist. You should start looking for a new job asap if you want to take your weight loss seriously x
  • cmbalint
    cmbalint Posts: 71 Member
    Take you own food to work that is less temptation,See if you can do more of the busy work like wiping tables cleaning bathrooms and floors and taking trash out.Less food prep
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Hi you guys, I need some help. I've been working at a fast food restaurant for over a year. I applied there before I started losing weight because it was my favorite place to eat. I had to adjust to eating less on my breaks because of the extremely high calorie food they have, but I do continue to eat there because I have limited options, if you know what I mean. Today was my first day shift now that I've graduated and I ran into a problem. It's so slow that it makes it SO easy to eat. I love the food and the temptation overtook me today. Support please!?

Actually here is the best thing you need to do and to think about: When business is slow, get some good cleaning projects going.... Get aggressive when you clean.

When I worked as a chef, I required everyone to be either serving the foods, or cleaning. I even made a sign at each station "If there's time to lean, there's time to clean"... Slow times was the ultimate time to get good cleaning projects done and it helps bring up your health dept inspection scores.

Also - you should not ever be eating behind the line. Eating should be done only on your breaks, before or after your shift. Eating while working is actually considered a health inspection issue. Its unsanitary as well.