GM Diet

Options
Tried GM Diet. After stopping I added 1.5 kgs where as i lost 3.5 kgs after diet. I am following strict diet restrictions.

Have fruits for breakfast, couple of breads with vegetables and lentils for lunch and finger millet porridge for dinner.

Any advice?

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    GM as in General Motors ? I thought that was a hoax.
  • vijisrik
    vijisrik Posts: 11
    Options
    No.. it is not a hoax.. Many follow it..
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    No.. it is not a hoax.. Many follow it..

that doesn't mean it's not a hoax !

http://not-that-sane.blogspot.co.uk/2008/08/general-motors-diet-is-hoax.html

good luck.
  • vijisrik
    Options
    Thanks for the link :)
  • complicatedmoves
    complicatedmoves Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the link :)

Whats stated on that website is true...but All fab " diets" are hoax, if you want to look at it in that respect. Unless your a person that can stick to those stringent rules the rest of your life, you will always have to go back to eating normal foods. The GM diet works, partly because if your consuming fruits and veggies your taking in less calories. The remaining weight is just because it flushes water weight...None the less, consuming fruits and veggies won't hurt you. Just make sure your getting 'enough' calories to sustain yourself during the day.

I've done it before and lost weight, and it didn't return when I began eating 'normal' again because I watched what I eat and slowly added the foods back.

http://www.gmdietworks.com
  • rushchic
    rushchic Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have never heard of this.

This cannot be good- from the website:

"To those who are planning to follow the GM diet as their weight loss management regimen, they should be able to withstand excess sweating, occasional feeling of hunger, and momentary weakness, as these are among the common side effects during the first days of the diet routine."
  • vijisrik
    Options
    This makes sense.. will follow :)
  • mikki629
    mikki629 Posts: 37
    Options
    I'm on day 4 of the GM Diet. I have yet to be hungry on this, on the contrary, I'm always full. I have already lost 7lbs, and I confess, I've cheated twice. (I have a hard time saying no to my homemade calzones & mac 'n' cheese, LOL!)
    The origins of the diet may be a hoax, they may not.
    But you can not deny all of the people who have followed this diet and lost weight.