Bad habits you can't let go of

Options
Ok so I would probably say the majority of people on here have improved their lifestyles and binned some naughty habits/traits. Ie amount of food eaten, healthier choices, more protein etc.

But is there anything you still do that you wish you could change or get rid of?

Mine would be having to have something sweet at the end or shortly after a meal. Don't suggest fruit to me, it doesn't work!

Would be interesting to see what else, if anything, people may struggle with

Replies

• amivox
    amivox Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I am addicted to Crystal Lite Raspberry Green Tea, and I drink that, and barely anything else. I know I need more water, but this stuff has me hooked!
  • wookiemouse
    wookiemouse Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Juicy Fruit Sugar Free gum. Better than snacking on Skittles, I suppose, but it does cause bloat. I just need *something* when I'm on the computer!
  • I_Got_This_23
    I_Got_This_23 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Asking myself "is that gonna be enough food?" I've been eating 1200-1500 cals daily for nearly a year and half, and I haven't starved one day, but everytime I pack my breakfast and lunch, or measure out my dinner, I ALWAYS ask, "Is that gonna be enough food?" I've started answering myself, "Yes Jodi, you're not going to starve."
  • lcphipps
    lcphipps Posts: 29
    Options
    diet cokes
  • mzhokie
    mzhokie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I always want something sweet if I eat raw onions.... gum will do the trick for me though. I also now hold the onions on salads and sandwiches.

I still crave nachos. There is one bar we go to and last week there were three different platters of nachos next to me while we were there. The smell!!! It about killed me. I almost asked a complete stranger if I could have just one. My salad just wasn't the same.

When I need a salty crunch.... Popchips! They have a jalapeno flavor now and Sweet Potato ones if you want something kind of salty sweet.
  • mbts08
    mbts08 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I really have a hard time getting my veggies. Eating too much and craving sweets.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Coffee with hazelnut creamer. Ugh. I can literally drink coffee and nothing else for the rest of my life. Limited myself to one cup a day :-(
  • gypsykitchen
    Options
    Midnight snacking! Even when I was a kid, I would sneak to the kitchen and snag pieces of cheese or cookies late at night. I am naturally a night owl, and I have a hard time letting go of the late-night cravings. At least I've swapped out the unhealthy snacks for fruit.
  • nwhitley
    nwhitley Posts: 619
    Options
    Grande Skinny Vanilla Latte from Starbucks. It only has about 120 calories and costs $4.41. I've cut down to only 2 a month on Saturdays after my long run, but I just can't seem to let it go. They are just sooooo good! And that damn cup makes it taste even better.
  • jworb
    jworb Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    watching too much darn television!!! definitely a problem for me...
  • abbiepql
    abbiepql Posts: 45
    Options
    Diet soda, sugar free creamer in my coffee and a skinny cow which I account for everyday - and I am not giving up any of these! LOL
  • frootcat
    frootcat Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I don't really want to get rid of it, but I know it's ''bad" -- I order this cheese bread from a local pizzeria every Saturday. The amount of cheese on it is ridiculous. The bread is thick and fluffy white. It has a butter/garlic salt coating. I cannot live happily without it.

I *did* start getting a smaller size, however. I wasn't sure if it would be satisfying, but it is! I would still like to bathe in it, but I think I will be ok with just having less. I think.
  • Simone_King
    Simone_King Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Diet Dr. Pepper is my weakness. At the height of this habit I was drinking three to four bottles a day. I have tried to break this habit. I went a few months (or was it weeks?) without it. This resulted in me being able to go without dr. Pepper for...good few days.

But, there comes a point in time when I will buy either a 12 oz or 20 oz...

I want it to be completely done with it. Yet, at least now, I can drink water with any kind of meal I eat. Or water in general.
  • Krisgren
    Krisgren Posts: 95
    Options
    cream in my coffee, not milk but cream lol, half and half, but I've been trying to find a good switch, coconut milk is pretty good.
  • _AllieCat_
    _AllieCat_ Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Drinking.
    Beer, vodka, rum, etc. I know it's very bad for me. I drink in moderation now, but I still get a feeling it's so bad I should stop altogether. :/
  • mzhokie
    mzhokie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    watching too much darn television!!! definitely a problem for me...

oh me too! I have the tv on all day for noise but it can just suck me in. At least I now record shows to watch on the treadmill. Upstairs now is just the shows my husband likes and I put my guilt pleasures on the DVR with the treadmill. Can't watch them if I'm not walking.
  • thepyro395
    thepyro395 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Alcohol and SunFlower seeds. I used sunfower seeds to help me stop dipping and I am addicted to these things now. Can't stop once I open a bag
  • deesaf
    deesaf Posts: 46
    Options
    Coffee and smoking.
    In my defence I have cut out all alcohol (apart from occasional glass of wine like once a month). I don't have sugar in my coffee (which is good cos I have about 8 cups a day). And I have cut down from over 20 *kitten* to 4 a day. I just love them so much, especially in combo.