back on track?

Options
Krohnie
Krohnie Posts: 286 Member
How do you guys get back on track after a particulary rough patch? how do you get past all the negative feelings and get to a place where you feel like you are worth putting in the effort? It's a tough mental place for me and I'm sort of stuck here. Any advice would be appreciated.

Replies

• dodshire
    dodshire Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My suggestion would be to just start tracking again -- even if you don't hit your goal -- track -- this will make you more concious of the food you are eating. I find that when I track, even when I don't eat like I should be I will eat less than if I wasn't tracking. It is amazing how fast those calories add up. I am going way way slower than I want to be, and I am allowing myself brief times off, like a holiday weekend of camping ... but even over the weekend of camping I managed to control myself, not by depriving myself of everything that I love, but by limiting my portions and not allowing myself to binge. Also knowing that after the brief break I will be right back at it -- no matter how slow I go -- no matter how many times I gain back weight that I lost and have to lose again, I will just keep moving forward, because me at this weight is not where I can live.

Keep on pushing!
  • tigerlily8045
    tigerlily8045 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I get how you feel. I just last week was realizing that i was slipping into my old bad eating habits. Sometimes you just have to give yourself a mental shake and ask what you want from yourself. By eating the bad stuff do you want to go back to feeling sluggish both in body and mind? Some times you just have to take a moment and be honest with yourself. Was it just a bad day or a party/bbq or are you purposely sabatoging yourself over and over? Over calorie days happen.. thats life. Jump back on the wagon, pull yourself up by the boot straps and march on! You can do it.
  • seekingstrengthX2
    Options
    Look at the little boy in your photo. HE needs you to be healthy and set a good example for him.
  • Nevi83
    Nevi83 Posts: 16
    Options
    I find something that clears my head. Depending on the 'funk' I'm in its different. It could be arts and crafts, exercising, or playing on of my computer games. Then when my funk is over I get back on track and get down to business.
  • irishcanadianwoman
    Options
    Look at the little boy in your photo. HE needs you to be healthy and set a good example for him.

Great advice. I think about my kids (and future grand kids) when I get low.
    Motivation comes and goes. Stick to it and you will see results. Don't hurry and remember you are setting a good example of healthy eating.
  • sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    You have to just jump in the deep end with both feet. There is no easing into it. You're all there...or you're not.

It's not always easy. Is your rough patch what you've been eating? Maybe try a different grocery store that you aren't familiar with so you actually have to search for items instead of taking from memory. Shopping with a list and not going off of it?

Was it exercise? Perhaps try a different type of exercise, different time of day or maybe a different length? There are plenty of things you can log without it feeling like exercise...like taking a walk around the street with a child or pet?

Is it logging? Maybe plan out things the night before. I find I stick to my daily goal better if I log it all the night before. I know exactly what is for breakfast, lunch and dinner and exactly what is left over for "snacks'.

If it's all of the above. Maybe start with one thing and go from there and build on it. Feel free to add me if you have any questions or anything!
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Best of luck to you .......

Never again do I want to hear the doctor say I need diabetes meds ...... it was a shocker ...... but it shouldn't have been ...... the scale had been steadily going up ...... the photos & mirror images were awful ...... duhhhhh ..... what was I thinking ?

Nowadays I pick the healthiest options at each meal ...... and if I do mess up, I get back on track at the very next meal. Plus I hit the gym as often as possible ..... which is interesting ..... exercise used to be a chore, but now it's "ME" time !

JUST DO IT !