New to MFP...

Options
Hello everyone, I am a married mom and a very busy woman. I don't take the time I need for myself and have recently decided I have to do this!! I have lost a little weight all on my own, but we all know it is better with support. I have thyroid issues, which make it that much harder to lose. I found this site by accident and absolutely LOVE IT!! I normally just use my IPhone, so that I can stay on track. Good luck to everyone and I hope to gain some online friends and much support here.

Replies

• toalwaysbeme
    Options
    You posted on my blog and now its my turn. You are such a beautiful woman. I too found this site by accident and after all these years I found a place where I was welcome, appreciated and worthy. Im glad to know you and all together, we can accomplish anything.... Hell we already have in our lives, right?

Deena
  • Mymarine68
    Mymarine68 Posts: 7
    Options
    Well it's been a year since I posted last and not much has changed! I just recently got back on track, sometimes I am so easily distracted I feel like a bluegill when someone throws in a shiny object.... :( I have to do this for me and my children. I am healthy on paper, except my thyroid! My blood pressure is good, as well as all my other bloodwork. They just can't seem to get my thyroid to work. Any way, I am so tired of being tired and overweight. I want it all gone NOW...of course we know it doesn't happen that way, so I am hoping to get things back on track and stay there. I am not trying to eliminate anything, because for most people that never works long term, myself included. So I am just looking for people to help motivate and encourage me along the way, maybe some ideas of what is helpful to them...Thanks!
  • stephieb186
    stephieb186 Posts: 127
    Options
    I have thyroid issues too!! I have hypothyroidism caused by the auto immune disease Hashimoto's Thyroiditis. I've been taking hormone replacement drugs given to me by my doctor... they are trying to get the levels right at the moment. You can add me if you'd like :) We are all in this together!
  • mtraver88
    mtraver88 Posts: 78
    Options
    Hey ladies! I, too, have Hashimoto's and it is difficult to lose weight. We're all in this together! Feel free to add me!