Abs after pregnancy

Options
Help! My abs muscles aren't even there any more after having baby number two. Any and all advice on getting this belly back into shape would be wonderful!

Replies

• rcharlee
    rcharlee Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Do you have any abdominal conditions that were associated with the pregnancy? If you don't have any restrictions or conditions, I'd recommend cardio for burning the fat, and strength training all over. My babe is 11 months, and I have the generic "mommy pooch." It's slimming slowly, but it's going to take awhile to get it looking good. My favorite ab strengthening exercises are Kettle Bell Around the World, Kettle Bell two arm swings, and ab rolls on my stability ball. These exercises are in combination with my cardio and full body strength training. Hope this helps a little.
  • sablake427
    sablake427 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I've found tons of post baby videos online with a basic search. . . haven't really figured out what's best but. . . I can feel those muscles getting stronger and they make the rebuild from nothing exercises I started in physical therapy. . . MuTu System is expensive. . . but linked me into tons of free videos too. . .
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    "Abs are made in the kitchen."
    It's true. 90% diet, 10% exercise.

ETA: We all HAVE ab muscles, or else we would not be able to sit upright... it's just a matter of getting your BF% so low you are able to see them.
  • cnew02
    cnew02 Posts: 5
    Options
    I'm having the same problem. I really can't do very many of the ab exercises bc my ab muscles are to weak to do even 1 or two crunches or whatever. Any suggestions?
  • 911Megz
    911Megz Posts: 42
    Options
    Patience! Must have patience! I am barely getting mine back and my daughter is almost 2. I still have that layer of skin over them. I don't eat 100% clean though either. That saying that "abs are made in the kitchen" ~ So TRUE!!!! I did pilates before, during and after my pregnancy to keep my core strong and it took a while after delivering to be back to my old self with strength in the core area.
    Cardio and strength training will assist you w/losing that stubborn belly! :)