Sciatica

Options
chrisb75
chrisb75 Posts: 395 Member
Does anyone else deal with this annoying condition? I haven't been formally diagnosed, but I have all the classic symptoms: pain that radiates from my back down my hip to my knees and sometimes even to my ankle, hard to go from sitting to standing, etc.

My question is, how do I deal with this? I have been doing the Stronglifts program, and it doesn't seem to interfere with the actual workout, but when I am done and resting, the pain is pretty bad. Any ideas? Is just a week off what I need? Will this be chronic?

Replies

• chrisb75
    Options
    One Bump. Anyone?
  • west200
    west200 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I would see a doctor if it has been going on for awhile because generally sciatica is a symptom of other medical conditions. In my case, I herniated a disc in my lower back and eventually ended up having an epidural in my back with weeks of physical therapy. I still have pain, but it is significantly reduced. Sorry, I could not be more help.
  • chrisb75
    Options
    I would see a doctor if it has been going on for awhile because generally sciatica is a symptom of other medical conditions. In my case, I herniated a disc in my lower back and eventually ended up having an epidural in my back with weeks of physical therapy. I still have pain, but it is significantly reduced. Sorry, I could not be more help.
    I know I need to get to a doc. I guess I am scared of what they will say :(