Time to stop lurking!

Options
Hi there, all!
I've been on MFP for about a month now, and love it. I also really enjoy all the warmth and support that you all offer one another.
Let's see - I recently had a baby, and my husband and I both put on some weight that we weren't happy with. He stumbled onto this site, and I followed close behind. I've got a bit farther to go than him (I was already about 20 lbs over my happy weight before getting pregnant), but it's coming off nicely (finally).

I've wondered why I have issues keeping my weight steady, considering all the good, healthy foods I tend to eat. This website has cleared that up for me: it's all the tasty butter and oils I tend to drown those healthy foods in. Being strict about logging everything is really changing the way I relate to food. I love that this is more of a lifestyle change than a diet.

My plan is actually to get to my goal weight, and then stay on the site for at least a year afterward, in the hopes that I can really cement these new healthy eating patterns. No more yo-yo for me.

So...it's good to meet you all. I look forward to reaching our goals together. All the best!

Replies