started at 497lbs 2 months later 43lbs lighter

Options
obg3684
obg3684 Posts: 5 Member
My name is Brandon and I started on MFP March 26th with very little optimism about loosing weight. I was at my heaviest in life of 497lbs. no one would have guessed that much but i knew the truth. God had worked on my heart for a years about loosing the weight. I was a glutton and that is just as bad as any other sin. I knew i needed to change, and my breaking point came when I didnt think i was going to be able to play softball this year. I had rolled my ankle a few months ago and after a month went by and I could still not move well on it i began to get nervous. I have never been unable to play before. I was always a big guy but i moved surprisingly well for the size I was. But not for long. It had finally caught up with me. So I knew it was time. and as hard as I thought it would be, it really wasnt. it is more of a mind game than anything. I started having fun with it instead of dreading it. Found some great things that I love to eat. Squash and zucchini are two of my new favs. well this is my first post I hope it helps someone to go on. I will add pics on my next post.

Replies

• carebear7951
    carebear7951 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Wow! Way to go! Keep it up and you'll go far!
  • Dana_283
    Dana_283 Posts: 58
    Options
    Sounds like you are doing a great job so far, keep up the great work...you will be smaller and healthier in no time.
  • deborahdi72
    deborahdi72 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Awesome start. keep up the great attitude. it really helps to stay possitive and have lots of support friends. Add me if you would like.
  • slinne
    slinne Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    That is great! We can only tackle one day at a time, and winning the mental battle is probably more important than winning the physical battle.
  • nordina
    nordina Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Way to go Brandon.....I remember when I was 256 and I rolled my ankle several times, fell down stairs and could barely walk up stairs so I know the feeling of fear! Great for you to see the signs and take actions...this is your life and you need to live it! You are an inspiration to me...I have currently lost over 75 pounds and my life has totally changed. Today I am active and consider myself to be fit. i still have a way to go to goal but getting the "never quit" attitiude of getting healthy is half the battle, can't wait to hear more about your journey!!
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Great post, great effort ......

We're all capable of more than we think ......... and you're right about it being a mind game ....... we have to be willing to try new things & give up old stuff that obviously isn't working ...... if we push ourselves, we'll be surprised at what we find !

Congrats on the weight loss !
  • MzsJones
    MzsJones Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Way to go an thanks for the post! Keep up the good work!
  • JenVii
    JenVii Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Keep up the great work. You are off to a great start.

Jen
  • DixiedoesMFP
    DixiedoesMFP Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I hope you know how awesome you are!
  • Mummsy
    Mummsy Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    GREAT LOSS! I know this is hard and it sucks but you are off to a GREAT start! :smile:
  • osusars
    osusars Posts: 21
    Options
    Great job! Keep it up. That first step always seems to be the hardest. Keep finding new yummy, healthy things to eat - it makes it so much easier! :-D Looking forward to your next post!
  • joliepqr
    joliepqr Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Nice work!!
  • Presley0381
    Presley0381 Posts: 88
    Options
    That's awesome!!! Keep it up!!! :wink:
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!
    Welcome to the family and keep trucking
  • Drenched_N_Motivation
    Drenched_N_Motivation Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Way to take hold of your life! You're going to do great!
  • rwindover
    rwindover Posts: 20
    Options
    You are a true inspiration for so many people on here...congrats and keep up the good work!!!
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Very good!!! Keep up the good work.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Great job Brandon! Keep the consistency! Good luck in your weight loss success!
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    way to make a change! keep up the good work and good luck on your journey :-)
  • BigMech
    BigMech Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Awesome progress man. Keep at it, and the changes will happen!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!